Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
stop.jpg

:wacko:

slow scot

Veteran
There's a place just North of Aberdeen call Boysack, sorry I haven't got a pic to share but you can Google the place :smile: Also, there are signs to the village of Shilbottle in Northumberland which regularly have a small strip of black electricians tape applied horizontally to the top of the letter l :smile:
Just north of Arbroath actually, in Angus.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Cafe to the right of the sign.

Nice place for cycling though.

Belated reply, and I may previously have recounted the tale, but we were based in Ballyvaughan on a caving holiday in the '80s and one of the group had cycled there across Ireland on somethig like a ahopping bike. To to set the scene, she was a formidable German lass, blond, pigtails, and a horned helmet and spear wouldn't have seemed out of place. She arrived a few days after the rest of us after this long cycle ride on a crap bike and walked into the bar and her sheer presence caused all heads to turn whereopon she announced ti the whole bar "christ my fanny is f@£&@n sore!"

The pause in conversation was quite long to say the least

classic33

Leg End Member
Belated reply, and I may previously have recounted the tale, but we were based in Ballyvaughan on a caving holiday in the '80s and one of the group had cycled there across Ireland on somethig like a ahopping bike. To to set the scene, she was a formidable German lass, blond, pigtails, and a horned helmet and spear wouldn't have seemed out of place. She arrived a few days after the rest of us after this long cycle ride on a crap bike and walked into the bar and her sheer presence caused all heads to turn whereopon she announced ti the whole bar "christ my fanny is f@£&@n sore!"

The pause in conversation was quite long to say the least
Ailwee Cave, The Burren?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Ailwee Cave, The Burren?

Sadly we never managed to sweet talk the Ailwee owner to let us explore beyond the ahow cave.

Pollnagollum - poulelva throughtrip was a highlight I recall doing after our morning Guiness had extended into a bit of a session. The entrance 100' abseil was a bit daunting but as soon as I lowered myself over the edge the adrenalin cut in and I instantly sobered up ! Another through trip recall the pre-rigged exit came out in a field of bullocks who were chewing the rope we were hanging on. Each time I shooed them off they returned a bit closer and bolder.

Must go back

Top Bottom