Strange Road Signs

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My avatar is a road sign encouraging motorists to look out for cyclists. It's a main road on the Yorkshire coast often used for time trialling.

What's unusual about it? That the local highways department is concerned enough for cyclists to erect a prominent sign.
But not concerned enough to actually improve the road?

Is it official then? Looks like an event organiser sign, on correx in non-standard colours.

Mike_P

Guru

Is it official then? Looks like an event organiser sign, on correx in non-standard colours.
And cable tied in place, hardly a proper official sign.

Moodyman

Guru

No idea if it's official. But it was one of several signs in the local area, so I presume it came from the local authority. They were mounted high up on several lampposts.

It's not an area I'm local to, but have ridden round there a few times and this was the first time I saw these. So, they may have been temporary due to a planned event/s.

The first funny road sign I saw was in Runcorn, Cheshire in 2005 or so... It was one of those triangular 'humps ahead' signs, that somebody had drawn two nipples onto..... A rather simple, yet effective modification lol I wonder if it's still there now... I think the new bridge might have been built where the sign was. I would love to go back for a visit now, but C19 and all..

sheddy

Legendary Member
Not UK

Brummie53

Haven’t got a picture of it now but driving through Norway many moons ago we came upon the hamlet of Helle . It was a warm day but certainly not an inferno and we got through the other side unscathed.

Top Bottom