Strange Road Signs

CharleyFarley

Saw this while out and about.

View attachment 579750
Maybe a squirrel farting or something like that? :blink:

CharleyFarley

True, we have been invaded by those uncouth verminous grey squirrels which have driven our lovely and very cute native red squirrels out of most parts of the country.:sad:
I remember the red squirrels in the London park by where I used to live. I've seen some here in the US that have red in them, but they are rare. And the grey ones seem to be suicidal. I see them at the side of park roads and they run at me, and almost go under my front wheel.

I knew a guy who had a .22 rifle, and he'd go into a mobile home park that I used to service, and shoot squirrels. He hit one with every shot, and when he got six, he'd take them home to prepare and eat them.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think the Grey Squirrels carry some kind of disease that the Red one's cant handle, don't see a great deal of them in the UK... :sad:
I've also read (but I could be wrong) that the reds are suffering a lot from habitat destruction. We see lots of grey squirrels (in urban gardens etc) because they are less fussy about habitat, and we blame them for the decline of the reds, whereas it's human activity that is driving both the decline of the reds and the increase of the greys. If that makes sense.

It may of course be entirely wrong because it's based on a memory of something I read ages ago. I do know that the greys can't take the cold as well as the reds (no grey squirrels in Finland, and plenty of red ones).

Top Bottom