Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Which month ?
1627199107429.png

Mushroom picking only for the locals🤷

Few weeks on a ride in Italy

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Is it at the top (you might crash on the way down) or the bottom (you might have a heart attack on the way up)? :whistle:
The sign was somewhere north of Glasgow and the hill going down which I did was not too bad. Probably put up when brakes were even less effective than when I took the picture.
Should add for clarity the sign was at the top of the hill. I did photograph some others but cannot find the pictures now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The sign was somewhere north of Glasgow and the hill going down which I did was not too bad. Probably put up when brakes were even less effective than when I took the picture.
I remember those days...!

I nearly met my maker when I was about 12 years due to wet steel rims. I was bombing down Barkers Butts Lane in Coventry in the rain towards the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill and braked when the lights changed to red as I approached them. The cross traffic started moving but I couldn't stop! I shot between 2 fast-moving cars and somehow emerged on the other side of the lights in one piece.
:eek:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I remember those days...!

:eek:
I was on the vehicle side of a similar incident in northern England somewhere south of Knutsford is all I can remember but certainly not Coventry. We were taking a meandering route to Builth in Wales while on a business/sightseeing trip and in some conurbation a youth shot down a side road straight into our path. Luck was on both our sides.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
What I find strange are the signs that blatantly lie.
I went down a road today with a dead end sign at the beginning, it's not a dead end and all the years I have known it has never been, traffic uses it all the time.
The road my son lives on, has a sign at the beginning, "stating through route illegal" its not, its a normal road and always has been, its used by traffic in both directions.
If going through the village of Lumby from the North, there is a sign that says "no access to the A63" it's a lie, there is nothing to stop you.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
What I find strange are the signs that blatantly lie.
I went down a road today with a dead end sign at the beginning, it's not a dead end and all the years I have known it has never been, traffic uses it all the time.
The road my son lives on, has a sign at the beginning, "stating through route illegal" its not, its a normal road and always has been, its used by traffic in both directions.
If going through the village of Lumby from the North, there is a sign that says "no access to the A63" it's a lie, there is nothing to stop you.
Are the signs very old and put up when they were correct years ago? Nobody gave the order to take them down and they have been forgotten.

Top Bottom