Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do believe they cannot stop anyone flying a drone there, if it’s a legal size, with the correct pilot training where required, you can fly it, it’s an area accessible to the public and they do not own the air space above it, that is controlled by the CAA, only if it’s a restricted area, then the drone won’t fly any way

Only the flash GPS controlled drones won't fly. A cheap one would.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Saw this one in Santa Cruz yesterday

View attachment 642204

I used to dread those on a motorcycle. The angle was so acute that I had to slow right down and turn the motorcycle at 90 degrees to cross them. In the meanwhile cars behind me were probably wondering what I was doing.

A friend of mine was touring in Switzerland and came across these diagonal rail lines which were NOT clearly signed...

Lethal Swiss rail crossing.jpg

This is what one of her legs looked like afterwards!

Leg repair.jpg

:eek:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I do believe they cannot stop anyone flying a drone there, if it’s a legal size, with the correct pilot training where required, you can fly it, it’s an area accessible to the public and they do not own the air space above it, that is controlled by the CAA, only if it’s a restricted area, then the drone won’t fly any way

Maybe they can ban the use of drone controllers on the ground, where they do have authority. ;)

Seriously, I'd guess that if necessary a bylaw could prohibit any activity like skate-boarding, pole-vaulting or indeed drone-flying, Dunno if that's the case here. Although they might not be able to prevent someone in a neighbouring area from overflying.

I'm over thinking this. Need coffee.:wacko:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Maybe they can ban the use of drone controllers on the ground, where they do have authority. ;)

Seriously, I'd guess that if necessary a bylaw could prohibit any activity like skate-boarding, pole-vaulting or indeed drone-flying, Dunno if that's the case here. Although they might not be able to prevent someone in a neighbouring area from overflying.

I'm over thinking this. Need coffee.:wacko:

It’s has access to the public, even if they can prohibit drone flying inside the fence though, you could stand by the stile, fly your drone and there’s absolutely nothing they can do to stop you

Sharky

Guru
You've been warned!

IMG_20220626_202645.jpg

Main street in Salcombe

Top Bottom