Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

anothersam

SMIDSMe
52jo11D.gif

X73OPbD.gif

UVwp4Cv.png

yOLt75R.gif

Granted, these are signs I made myself.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Exploring the unpaved roads near-but-not-that-near my home (in anticipation of severe restriction), I found this two-way-traffic sign which is unusual because 1. it's on a bridleway; and 2. the added words panel beneath only refers to cyclists. I'm rather surprised there are enough to merit that because it's really quite gnarly there. There are also lots of wordy signs telling you not to turn left, not to turn right, to press the button to raise the barriers and wait five seconds, to look out for hurtling diggers anyway...
Image5056613856834464812.jpg

mjr

I particularly like that they apparently came from the training centre. Lesson failed?

mjr

Today's strange sign is thanks to the unique (shoot) way UK cycle routes are signposted: metal signs are usually maintained by the county council, while the numbering authority (Sustrans) are generally granted permission only to use stickers. It looks like here like Sustrans workers got fed up asking Cambridgeshire to fix the damn sign to match a rerouting (the route now goes to where I was standing to take this) and so just stickered over the incorrect arm, resulting in this odd-looking display!
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Even so those places where NCN signs exist facing in opposite directions must confuse some. There's such at the southern end of Ripon Market Place for NCN688, the use of a slightly larger signs with (E) and (W) added would be better.

mjr

Even so those places where NCN signs exist facing in opposite directions must confuse some. There's such at the southern end of Ripon Market Place for NCN688, the use of a slightly larger signs with (E) and (W) added would be better.
But then they can't just order a job lot of double-sided route number arrow signs and so it'll cost more and councils don't even want to spend what they currently do on cycling - oh and they'd have to pay attention and think about which way is which! :cursing:

Top Bottom