Strava app users - free or upgrade to premium ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jefmcg

Guru
I reckon strava gets you on your second ride - that's when it got me. You go out on the same route (or partially the same route) and you come back and you have trophies! Even if every one of them is "2nd fastest time", you've been rewarded. Gamification and all that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln5Ar5aHDYM

It can go too far. I went to Box Hill, New Years day 2015, came home with a ton of trophies. Turns out they were giving trophies for 2015 bests, so as I was one of < 10 female strava riders on Box Hill when I uploaded, I got a trophy for every segment. Even when I had stopped for coffee mid-segment. That felt pretty patronising. They don't seem to have repeated it this year, so I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way.

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Well after receiving my aGarmin Edge yesterday I decided to upgrade to Strava premium for just 1 month to see how it go's , I'll be out riding all weekend hopefully ( poxy weather ) and of course will report back my findings , have linked the garmin & Strava apps together so hopefully I'll be shown the starred segments whilst riding .

Top Bottom