Strava cheats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Like some others on this thread I really don't give a tinker's cuss. For me Strava is just another symptom of our self-obsessed, emotionally incontinent world. What's wrong with discretion?

I lost a KOM a while back by over 5mins and it was genuine. Turns out it was a stupid long segment that I didn't know had existed and the new KOM was a semi pro.

That said I've given up caring about KOM's a long time back and am only concerned with comparing my efforts, I find RWGPS better for that.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
According to Strava I have a lifetime total of 0.0 miles. Don't care. Only use it to plan routes, not to record them. There will always be some idiots out there cheating like mad to try to impress. Worse still are the suburban housing estate sprint sections where everyone seems to go mad for no apparent reason and forget all about road safety exactly where it matters most. Just chill.

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe for some, but for a lot of us it is a good way to record our rides and share them with others.
This :smile:

Mr Celine

Discordian
My mates missus had an off on gravel last year and was recording the ride using Strava on her phone. She forgot to stop the ride after she fell and it continued to record as she was being taken to Worcester hospital in the back of an ambulance. The ride was very impressive with QoMs all the way for about 15 miles. :laugh:
Someone commented and flagged the ride within seconds of it being uploaded.:gun:

The same thing happened to Mrs Celine when we went out for an evening bimble in August. I left her sitting by the road, sprinted the mile back home, drove back, picked up her and her bike and then drove her the two miles to the hospital. Two QOMs, top speed 75 mph.
The genuine holder of those QOMs complained within 5 minutes of Mrs C uploading the ride, at which time she was trying to edit out the offending segments.
A 10 mile bimble at 10 mph followed by a long stop then a high speed dash ending at the hospital? I think I would have left that a bit longer before querying it.

kipster

Guru
I've noticed that occasionally strava messes up, I got a KOM a couple of weeks ago by 20 seconds! On strava my average speed was 29mph, my fastest speed 23mph, not sure how that could happen but it does. I flagged the ride.

Top Bottom