Strava Flyby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm probably late to the party but today I noticed the flyby link on Strava. I've now wasted the best part of an hour seeing who I've seen on my rides. I remember seeing one woman. We both smiled and waved as we passed. And another I remember was in a layby chatting to someone.

I've also found some new routes to explore by seeing where other locals go.

jnrmczip

Is this a premium function or available on the free version as I could probably put some names to faces I see each day ?

U

User6179

Is this a premium function or available on the free version as I could probably put some names to faces I see each day ?

Free , It has been in use for a few years now I think but they have just put a link on your Strava now.

BrynCP

Über Member
It's free, not premium, at the moment.

I only saw it for the first time yesterday linked to from a ride, but I have been using it out of interest (routes etc.) for a while, as it was available on the Strava labs. I got that link from a thread on this forum months ago.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've been using it occasionally for a while now, and noticed that I think one of the velo post people passed me last week .... At least that's what I assume he/she was doing, having seen his very convoluted route:
image.jpg

Katherine

Guru
I've had fun wasting time on it too!
It's definitely interesting to see where other people are going and if there distance is shorter or longer than mine!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like looking at all the ant trails crossing, when you pass someone you have no idea if they have just set off or already done 20 + miles! this way you get more of an idea. I was checking it on that day as I cycled a couple of miles with one bloke who was taking the long way home, and I wondered how far out of his way he had gone but he wasn't leaving a trail.

It can be a bit addictive though, following my latest ride I looked at the flyby and some bloke passed me who did 100 miles that day, went and looked at his route and it was the most bizarre thing i have ever seen, took him 13 hours but the furthest point he took was Sunderland (about 20 miles away), the other 80 miles were spent toing and froing across the tyne, into industrial estates, residential estates, then back out then back in again, really weird....I do remember what he looked like so next time we cross paths I might well ask him what the heck he was doing that day !
Dave, I think you need an extension to Strava to view it (found it on DC Rainmaker) but not too sure to be honest. You can also find it on strava labs if you enter your ride id...

Top Bottom