Strava Refuse To Continue Working With Relive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And they don't connect to Wahoo so I guess it's goodbye Relive for me. Sounds a bit like handbags at 5 paces from both Strava and Relive.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It is a first world problem, but one I have overcome by syncing up via Garmin. You can also link up lot's of other trackers, so for sure you can get it working again.

D

Deleted member 26715

Strava was claiming there was privacy issues that Relive wouldn't address, my thought is that if Strava are concerned then I think I ought to be as well, I got the impression Relive were trying to get to data that Stave didn't think they needed.

D

Deleted member 26715

Never saw the point of it to be honest. It's not exactly reliving anything, it's just another map of what you did, only I can't stop and zoom in on it or otherwise use it as a map.
Yeah it was quite a neat thing to achieve but didn't have any useful purpose

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Strava's statement was extremely vague and none committal on their reasoning. They just look like they are using their leading position to dictate to everyone how OUR data is used.

Wouldn't mind but Relives new features that quickly prompted the response was social features - something Strava lacks and which they continue to ignore wishes for even some basic level of competency.

Doesn't matter directly as I use Garmin, but it hardly sheds a positive light on Strava and how they view "partners".

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Relive was a bit shoot as far as I'm concerned. Each one looked like the other and was pretty dull to watch. I maybe watched half a dozen then got bored with it.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've read the Relive press release in the OP's link. The Relive team sound like small children who have had their sweeties confiscated. The language, grammar and approach to the issue are very poor.

Whatever the reason I'm pleased to read Strava have decided not to allow Relive to use personal data.

I've never used Relive and after reading the PR I wouldn't consider using it. Anyone who does should be very wary of their apparently cavalier approach.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
But not bad. In balance: These guys are Dutch and English is their 2nd language.

I wasn't aware of this and very much take your point. I would not though expect to read in a Press Release from anyone:

"So, this sucks," "We thought we had a thing," "we’re bummed about this."

This makes me concerned as to their professionalism. While I appreciate this is very probably young people addressing an audience much younger than me, I'm 65, I don't find these appropriate phrases for a PR. Second language or not professionals should know this. One should always be very careful with public announcements and sensitive to the potentially wide range of people who read them.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I wasn't aware of this and very much take your point. I would not though expect to read in a Press Release from anyone:

"So, this sucks," "We thought we had a thing," "we’re bummed about this."

This makes me concerned as to their professionalism. While I appreciate this is very probably young people addressing an audience much younger than me, I'm 65, I don't find these appropriate phrases for a PR. Second language or not professionals should know this. One should always be very careful with public announcements and sensitive to the potentially wide range of people who read them.

I agree with your point on that skate punk lingo. I occasionally swear. Not sure why but working on that. Lots of trendy podcasts are filled with swearing to come across as ‘street’. Call me old fashioned too, but it does take the sheen off.

Top Bottom