Strava Refuse To Continue Working With Relive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
What does this relieve thing do anyway? Presumably a smart phone doobrey,?

It is a little map dohickey telling you where you went and some stats. It is created automagically from your own tracking data.

See this for an example - https://www.relive.cc/view/2361720560

This was emailed to me today from Strava......

Many of us at Strava have enjoyed using Relive over the last few years, but because of Relive’s recent updates, unfortunately, we have decided to end this integration. The current version of Relive violates several of the terms that we ask of API partners. These terms are in place to safeguard your personal information, to ensure a level playing field for all our partners, and to protect what makes Strava unique. We’ve worked hard with Relive to try to fix this, but they have ultimately chosen not to make the changes needed to honor their agreement. So as of today, Strava will no longer send your activities to Relive for playback.

Rest assured, nothing’s changed about how your information is stored or the control you have over how it’s accessed by API partners. And we remain deeply committed to helping our many API partners build experiences that make your workouts and races even better.

As always, thanks for being a part of the Strava community,

The Strava Team

Tenkaykev

Guru
This was emailed to me today from Strava......

Many of us at Strava have enjoyed using Relive over the last few years, but because of Relive’s recent updates, unfortunately, we have decided to end this integration. The current version of Relive violates several of the terms that we ask of API partners. These terms are in place to safeguard your personal information, to ensure a level playing field for all our partners, and to protect what makes Strava unique. We’ve worked hard with Relive to try to fix this, but they have ultimately chosen not to make the changes needed to honor their agreement. So as of today, Strava will no longer send your activities to Relive for playback.

Rest assured, nothing’s changed about how your information is stored or the control you have over how it’s accessed by API partners. And we remain deeply committed to helping our many API partners build experiences that make your workouts and races even better.

As always, thanks for being a part of the Strava community,

The Strava Team

The DC Rainmaker link up thread calls this out as bull***t

Milzy

Guru
It was absolutely tosh anyway. Just another map of where you went. Who the hell cares!?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I remember reading an article by a Materials Scientist in which she said that watching paint dry was fascinating.
(at a molecular level)

Aravis

Putrid Donut
It looks as though their videos get archived after a while, so when I had a look at some from a few months ago I watched a bouncing ball for several minutes, and that was dull.

Warning: click on the link below and you'll find yourself watching someone else's Relive video. You may be bored (though I think it's pretty cool :becool:).

https://www.relive.cc/view/1953842733

Top Bottom