Strava: trolling for Kudos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I joined an international group on strava a month ago, since then I have been getting the occasional multiple weird kudos from people I don't know, a long way away for rides without merit. Most recently 3 kudos from a Korean (whose name is rendered in Hangul) for 3 random rides. Previously several from a californian.

I was a bit mystified at first, but then realised that while I had a total of around 200 kudos, they both had more than 20,000. So I assume it's a thing: you scatter kudos widely about, and wait for strangers to return the favour by giving you Kudos. Very strange. Much weirder than accumulating friends on facebook.

I left the group, so I expect this will stop now.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Are you saying that you are not the sort of person that engages in mutual back patting?

If so, I offer you a kudos point...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What's a kudo?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Screenshots_2015-05-18-16-35-27.png

Hey, it works!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Does Strava not work like that?
Sort of cycle chat likes? TMN to @winjim :smile:
Personally, I give kudos to any ride that comes on my Strava feed.
Because I don't log on very often there could be pages of it, so will kudos just the first couple.
I don't ever check who is giving me kudos and most of my followers I wouldn't know face to face :laugh:
Don't even know who some folk on my FB are, if it says "bike" or "my work place" I always accept the connections!

potsy

Rambler
Does Strava not work like that?
Sort of cycle chat likes? TMN to @winjim :smile:
Personally, I give kudos to any ride that comes on my Strava feed.
Because I don't log on very often there could be pages of it, so will kudos just the first couple.
I don't ever check who is giving me kudos and most of my followers I wouldn't know face to face :laugh:
Don't even know who some folk on my FB are, if it says "bike" or "my work place" I always accept the connections!
Strava Tart!!! :laugh:

Top Bottom