Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Yesterday I came across the artist just as he'd finished this Pegasus in Shoreditch.
yOtZ9uM.jpg

I recognised his work immediately and I think he was quite surprised when I said you're 'Nether410 aren't you'? I like he has also painted some vines on the street post too. We got chatting and I explained I cycle all over and photographed lots of street art, and had a come across a number of his works. I thanked him for brightening up our city, and gave special thanks as it was his portrait of Peter Chappell back on page 66, that led me to discover all about the excellent 'George Davis is innocent story', which I wrote about here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5458674

He told me he'd recently done a sparrow on Heneage St that I hadn't got yet, and he was just off round the corner to paint an eagle^_^. So today I went and got the sparrow, and after that went to the spot he said, and did indeed find an eagle, nice work fella:okay:
Zr74kjs.jpg

hanOCSF.jpg

Mmmmm, those are fabby. :wub:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's been flocks of birds recently, and here's another, a Kingfisher wearing a King Robbo crown.
OGIWqhw.jpg

And my favourite French woman Zabou has been at it again, this time on the huge wall of the Village Underground. It is course another depiction of Malcolm McDowell as Alex DeLarge from the cult film 'A Clockwork Orange'.
x4YNe5b.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And here's another work inspired by 'A Clockwork Orange'. This is in Penge and the artist is Fanakapan, who had the previous work on this wall, the excellent dog figure in the hand from page 41.
fBUxqqz.jpg

Across London in Hackney is a Maikel Walkman crash-test dummy I've not seen before.
2si33GN.jpg

And about half a mile further up the road is this lovely country scene by Charlie Hudson. A tiny bit of peace and quiet amongst the noise, brick, glass and concrete of inner London.
Uq3VzMK.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A few text based ones from today that drew a smile but not a smirk.
AjkjiCd.jpg

gUwkgqN.jpg

vF6hIxi.jpg

A new Otto Schade
MswKwzi.jpg

CND clearly has the support of this aerosol can wielding Panda.
rm96oSn.jpg

And from the world of fashion, Vivienne Westwood is seemingly a fan too.
V7NiNkL.jpg

The text is one of Westwood's quotes, the full version is "The sexiest people are thinkers. Nobody's interested in somebody who's just vain with a hole in their head, talking about the latest thing - there is no latest thing. It's all rubbish"

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @vickster:okay:, welcome to the thread. I thought the image seemed familiar and its been bugging me all morning at work, and then it came to me in a flash, it was posted by the sadly no longer here 'growing vegetables' back on page 10. He also posted on page 10 from Leeds, what was the UK's largest mural, 'Athena Rising' done by the 'Nomad Clan'. That may still be the tallest at 47 metres, but in terms of area it was overtaken last year by the 'Connectivity Mural' in Shoreditch, which covers 1400 square metres, took six months to create and used over 500 cans of spray paint. I documented it in this thread as it slowly grew, various artists contributed and were given a panel each. It can be seen here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-45054525/1400-square-metres-of-artwork-on-concrete

It was cracking weather in London today, and the dry and bright weather seems to encourage street artists outside just like us cyclists. Here's two underwater works in progress.
Zjw1php.jpg

And the excellent Dale Grimshaw has just finished a new work on nearby Hanbury St. I think I've managed to photograph all of the works he's done in London, and by searching his name they can all be found in this thread. They are always really bright and colourful and amazingly detailed, and this is no exception, I love his stuff:okay:
asUz3UE.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Good to see lots of bright colours, it just makes it seem more summery^_^. The weather is getting better as the week goes on, looks like a nice bank holiday ahead:sun:

I vaguely remember seeing a BBC Horizon programme explaining a lot of our brain power was devoted to face recognition, and its quite impressive how much an image can be changed and still be recognisable. There's not much of the original that remains here, but I instantly recognised these two, its murdered rappers and East and West coast rivals, Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls.
UVgNAYm.jpg

From ape to street artist, here's yet another take on the 'march of progress' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_of_Progress
ScsmaXE.jpg

Back to bright colours and here's a Dan Kitchener geisha, extra points for the BMX^_^
dBkgamW.jpg

And this made me laugh, I imagine this is the Queen's reaction when hearing the dreaded words ....'Philip's just talking to some locals'
eb2Szro.jpg

And from dread to dreadlock, here's a Rasta lion.
bi5YMIf.jpg

And for any homesick lions, head to Hanbury street for a taste of home.
qiUThuJ.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Not sure who these two are meant to be?
Green Lane
Horbury
'road' under the M1, between jcts 39 & 40
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/732682
View attachment 462515 View attachment 462516

@Richard A Thackeray the first one is Tupac Shakur again, the same person is in the first image of my post above^_^. The second one I think is Suge Knight, founder of Death Row Records, currently serving a 28 year prison term for deliberately running over and killing fellow record producer and alleged 'friend' of Knight, Terry Carter.

Tim Hall's doesn't seem to be here anymore, in case he's lurking his French friend of a friend Manyoly has been over again, and I've come across two of her works recently. First up this one.
V3VyzZz.jpg

And here's another.
nWe0AMV.jpg

The super tall character is one of a series I've seen about in recent weeks, and I've just found out they are by a French duo known as 'Kamlaurene'. Here's some more.
Kl3wHl6.jpg

VCn1AFC.jpg

u1xOH4z.jpg

And finally these 3 women in virtual reality headsets. It made me think of 3 muses, I've no idea if that's what its meant to be as its not signed, and I've not discovered anything about it online.
m9ZWCxG.jpg

Top Bottom