Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Brick Lane area

hluyLag.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@palinurus ah that looks like an Invader in Manchester, and I did LOL at the 2nd one, like fridge magnet poetry, and obviously many, many hours spent on the Plasticine figure^_^
A couple more Jimmy C's, whose style you may recognise as he did the Shakespeare one @Tim Hall posted recently, and some others I've posted before.
DyFf1NL.jpg

HiEyqC2.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's 2 by the always great Fanapakan, who is a master of painting balloons and always has a great 3D effect to his works. Here's a Snoopy and a balloon Woodstock on Canal Walk
Qiorulm.jpg

And a bit further along the same road is this impressive skull
PUyfymp.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I saw a new work in Great Eastern Street today by Italian artist Diego Finassi, take a bow Diego this is brilliant.
14NfwPV.jpg

Diego appears to be half of 'Fo Deco' along with Luca Zammarchi. While looking them up on the web I came across the following links. I've always wanted to see a time lapse of these being done, and these gents have obliged. Even though these works are inside, its still great to see them taking shape and I find these vids mesmerising. And after looking for one for months the last link contains a London bus, at last, top work gentlemen:okay:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZgO_7wcOJk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYAgmKzAM0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVWjNY4ZdM

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@AndyRM bah agreed, that's ruddy awful. I don't think they've thought that through, in terms of local advertising it will probably generate more bad publicity than good, but maybe they subscribe to the view that bad publicity is better than no publicity. I felt the same way recently for the Ben Eine Greenfell tribute piece, it was no Leonardo but a touching tribute. It was on a wall that's regularly painted over, but it just seemed a bit crass that of all the things that could replace it, it was painted over with an advert for Beck's new album, as shown a few pages back.

On the subject of Leonardo I saw him today in Waterloo......well the ninja turtle one
FzxSr28.jpg

This years marks the 40th anniversary of the launch of the comic 2000AD which I read as a lad, here's Judges Death and Dredd
ehorzSe.jpg

And over in Shoreditch I saw a stretching Tiger, but could'nt find a hidden dragon^_^
iVCyMDs.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Parc de la Ciutadella, Barcelona

Graffiti wall, Parc de la Ciutadella.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Excellent @Fnaar, I love the one with the robin:okay:. I had seen it online before and tried to get my friend Ruth to photograph it on a work trip to Glasgow, but she did'nt have time. It apparently depicts St Mungo the patron saint of Glasgow in modern clothes, and references the story of 'the bird that never flew', one of Mungo's four miracles, more details on this link: https://www.davidairey.com/glasgow-high-street-mural-smug/

I saw these two next to each other on the A10 between Dalston and Shoreditch today
Jdm1yKH.jpg

uYlMKzv.jpg

U

User10571

I've spent most of today reading this thread.
All of it.
S'Great!
Thanks B&C.
You'll doubtless be aware that some of these have featured in BToB over on LFGSS

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @User10571, all in one hit, quite an achievement, I hope you were'nt at work today, you could'nt have got much done if you were:whistle:^_^

I only very occasionally lurk over on LFGSS these days, my all round online-ness is very low. I did see the one on Noel St of Jeremy Corbyn running over BoJo with his bicycle there tho and papped it for here, but I can't recall any other others off the top of my head.

Top Bottom