Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Bazzer, another good one, I like the dog looking on longingly. Hopefully in years to come the high street will still have some actual local shops, rather than artists impressions of them.

I came across some mushrooms while foraging in Hackney.
08rcBFF.jpg

Not sure if they're the mind altering magic variety. If so you'd expect things could start getting a bit weird.....
ik2HxL2.jpg

W1uMrCj.jpg

URzudrp.jpg

....well they just did:laugh:
gBrGT1P.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
@Bazzer, another good one, I like the dog looking on longingly. Hopefully in years to come the high street will still have some actual local shops, rather than artists impressions of them.

I came across some mushrooms while foraging in Hackney.
View attachment 465260
Not sure if they're the mind altering magic variety. If so you'd expect things could start getting a bit weird.....
View attachment 465261
View attachment 465262
View attachment 465263
....well they just did:laugh:
View attachment 465264

You have so many in London brightening up the streets. Where I work in Manchester/Salford there is SFA, despite working or being close to many "regenerations" of the area.:sad:
My next contribition to this thread is likely to be slightly different.:okay:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Bazzer we've had a few posts from @Katherine and @skudupnorth, but there's lots more Manchester street art we've not had posted here. Following this thread you may be forgiven for thinking London is plastered with art works, but that's not really the case. It's a big old place and there are certain areas its more widespread, but it's easy to go out in London and not see any all day.

The trick is to know some places to look, and to just keep your eyes open everywhere else^_^. I came across a good quote recently while doing some research on a piece of old graffiti I'm still in the process of writing. It was on a George Melly BBC programme in 1978 in which he quotes a directive from surrealist Andre Bretton, which applies to walking but could just as easily be a cycling mantra, “expect all good to come from an urge to wander out ready to meet anything”.

I found this link with some streets in Manchester that could be worth visiting. I'm not familiar with the area so I've no idea if any of these works still exist, but if you are near any of these places it may be worth periodically popping by to see if anything new and inspiring has gone up.. https://www.blocal-travel.com/street-art/manchester-street-art-guide/
I came across this today which made me chuckle, and its actually based on real history.
DJWmYQh.jpg

The Bow Street Runners have been called London's first professional police force. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_Street_Runners

And in Bethnal Green there's a great new David Attenborough work by Jerome Davenport/Keytones6000.
gR1KGph.jpg

The text reads:
ILPKyWD.jpg

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Roadside cut outs of industrial workers.

enSsisL.jpg

2DJeKKk.jpg

1HgwURL.jpg

p5NZtVi.jpg

These were installed about a month ago on the side of Irlam railway station, on the main road which runs between Salford and Warrington. Although the concrete bases upon which they stand were in place several weeks earlier.
By way of some background for those out of the area, Irlam railway station, which is on the Manchester to Liverpool line, was built in the late 19th century. The style of the original building is similar to others on the line such as Glazebury. British Rail and more recently Network Rail either hacked the buildings or simply left them to crumble, in some instances fencing the original building off and installing shelters for passengers.
Thanks to some local efforts, (and I think I good deal of money from the founder of Talk Talk who is from the area), the train station has been transformed with a cafe/pub and cycle hub and former train signals standing proudly on the junction which leads to the Manchester bound line.

Attachments

• enSsisL.jpg
    enSsisL.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2DJeKKk.jpg
    2DJeKKk.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1HgwURL.jpg
    1HgwURL.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
  • p5NZtVi.jpg
    p5NZtVi.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
This is obviously by the same person who did the graffiti-ing child near the top of this page, this time the child is getting a piggy-back.
uSCLp03.jpg

And I found another fish by the same person who did the one on the previous page
qdBqOyH.jpg

This is new on Holywell Lane
5avLuc1.jpg

And I'm liking the look of this work in progress, on Great Eastern St.
XAOPRZz.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
We have a new country to add to our collection. Fiona has contributed a few countries to this thread, and she sent me this from her recent trip to Finland. This is somewhere around Helsinki.
RNW6Bfs.jpg

I found another of the child paste-ups that have popped up over the last few weeks......
NSBsxIi.jpg

....which is right next to this.
gefCvbY.jpg

Otto Schade has re-styled his bull on the side of the 'bull in a china shop' in Shoreditch
AikKG75.jpg

Sadly this seems believable.
ubkY0WM.jpg

Tucked away in housing estate in Anerley is a new one by Irony.
jcxpU5U.jpg

I'm off to Wales tomorrow, and then off to Ireland for a week for my Mum's 70th birthday. I'm taking a bike so plan to squeeze in a day or two cycling, but am hoping to cycle around the wilds of Kerry avoiding urban areas, so don't expect to see any street art. I may post a ride report or two and any nice photos around the forum while I'm away, but otherwise I'll see you on the other side.
78bJUSa.jpg

Last edited:
U

User169

Another bike related piece

IMG_20190514_215537.jpg

Top Bottom