Student protests in London tomorrow (Weds).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Seriously student guys, if it's like the last three times stay at home.

You have done more to aid the government's spending cuts than Lehman Brothers.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Government have pre-authorised the use of baton rounds.

With routine use of kettling, pre-event intimidation like this, and the knobheads that turn up just looking for a ruck, I think peaceful protest is on its way to death in the UK.

Brains

Legendary Member
Government have pre-authorised the use of baton rounds.

With routine use of kettling, pre-event intimidation like this, and the knobheads that turn up just looking for a ruck, I think peaceful protest is on its way to death in the UK.

Which ones are the knobheads ? the ones doing the ketteling or the ones trying to hold a peacful protest

I did laps of Westminster Square on my bike during the last major student protest that got kettled. Twas fun.

Most of the police officers looked super excited to have been let out of the office for the day (most are drafted from paper pushing jobs).

may be 18 millon pounds and some riot police might get ride of them :biggrin:

Are there any police left?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yes, because the cops have never attacked innocent people at protests, ask the Tomlinsons.

Either I'm being unclear, or you're misinterpreting what I say.

Whichever, if that's the discussion you want, take it to P&L, or whatever our robust exchange of entrenched views sub-forum is called now.

dawesome

Either I'm being unclear, or you're misinterpreting what I say.

Whichever, if that's the discussion you want, take it to P&L, or whatever our robust exchange of entrenched views sub-forum is called now.

Harwood, the man who caused Tomlinson's death, had gone looking for trouble. Plenty of police do the same.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Harwood, the man who caused Tomlinson's death, had gone looking for trouble. Plenty of police do the same.

Noone has a problem with actual peaceful protesters, but when they start throwing fire extingiushers off roofs and swinging off the cenotaph because they are that blind drunk they have no idea what they are doing, then you have to question their intentions.

dawesome

I don't have a problem with your actual peaceful coppers, but when over 300 people have died in police custody and not one single officer has faced charges I'm content to presume a lot of old bill are violent thugs protected by their job. I hope it's peaceful tomorrow. Stay safe.

Top Bottom