Sun, dry roads and #1 bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Missed chances earlier this year to break out the plastic #1 summer bike, rather than my #2 winter ride, but after suffering a bucketful of the proverbial at my part-time job this morning - echoes of Peter Finch's 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' reverberating in my head - I went for a thrash in the sun, this afternoon.

Lovely. Lowered the blood pressure considerably. :sun:

ScotiaLass

Guru
I do that when I'm angry or need to think - it fair blows away the cobwebs :smile:

mattobrien

Guru
I was tempted with the plastic bike yesterday but the roads were still a bit grey from salt. They need a bit if a good wash and dry and then no more salt, it really hasn't been that cold round here!

Not long now though...

rb58

Enigma
I know how you feel. I've ridden the year so far on my winter Fixed and was thinking of getting one of the pretty bikes out for the weekend. Roll on Spring!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've been riding the best bike all through winter. I wash it down and service it meticulously after wet rides and apart from the fact that there's water inside the wheel rims and I've had to replace the headset bottom bearing I don't think any harm is being done. It's too nice in comparison with my Tricross not to be ridden, which has made me realise that this summer's job is to find a winter bike I can actually enjoy riding. The only real requirement will be disc brakes.

MikeG

Guru
I put my wife's Ruby up on hooks so high that she can't reach it during the winter! The temptation is killing her.... But it won't be long now before the summer bikes come into general use. Patience, people! :smile:

Last edited:

Graham

Glad I'm not the only one desperate to ride the best bike. I bought a carbon bike (not new but very shiny!) at the beginning of Jan and still not ridden it. Other half think I'm a bit sad, she's very perceptive. Weather looks good later today though.....

young Ed

Veteran
Glad I'm not the only one desperate to ride the best bike. I bought a carbon bike (not new but very shiny!) at the beginning of Jan and still not ridden it. Other half think I'm a bit sad, she's very perceptive. Weather looks good later today though.....
weathers just drizzling down here in kent :sad:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I'm sorry if I didn't make my original post clear, but I used the sunny weather opportunity to get out on the plastic #1 for the first time this year.

Incidentally, I went out in the wet stuff today (Friday) on the #2 and began to ponder the possible delights of disc brakes for next winter after an adrenaline-induced few seconds trying to get the V-brakes to work in an emergency. I may have to start a new thread to see if such a conversion is possible. :whistle:

Top Bottom