Surviving the cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
However, I'm a fan of simply unzipping at the front once I start to sweat.

I say!;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's it now - prepare to part with lots of cash now you have discovered Decathlon - for me it's a handy supplement to internet ordering as it's only 3 miles from my house, and open late. The clothing is good quality and has a two year guarantee - no quibble. Thermal socks - they've got them now....hmmm see another expensive trip coming on. I'd recommend the membership card as you get vouchers every so often, and no need for a receipt as it's all available on-line - the down side is you can see how much you have spent......

The clothing range is limited, but there is enough for basics, especially shorts, underlayers etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's it now - prepare to part with lots of cash now you have discovered Decathlon - for me it's a handy supplement to internet ordering as it's only 3 miles from my house, and open late. The clothing is good quality and has a two year guarantee - no quibble. Thermal socks - they've got them now....hmmm see another expensive trip coming on. I'd recommend the membership card as you get vouchers every so often, and no need for a receipt as it's all available on-line - the down side is you can see how much you have spent......

The clothing range is limited, but there is enough for basics, especially shorts, underlayers etc.

Bigtallfatbloke

ok...kind of related question:

Sensitive teeth and the cold..especially the ice cold water in the bottle and the icy wind....any idea on how to stop the pain?...I thought about a gum shield and filling the bottles up with boiling water to start the ride with so they cool down gradually....I dunno...

Bigtallfatbloke

ok...kind of related question:

Sensitive teeth and the cold..especially the ice cold water in the bottle and the icy wind....any idea on how to stop the pain?...I thought about a gum shield and filling the bottles up with boiling water to start the ride with so they cool down gradually....I dunno...

Blonde

Of course if you are strapped for cash (or just like wearing them) you can always resort to the old trick of wearing a pair of womens tights (preferably the opaque, thicker sort) under your normal trousers... they do work. Unless you are six foot four or something, when you'll definitely have a problem getting tights long enough!

Blonde

Of course if you are strapped for cash (or just like wearing them) you can always resort to the old trick of wearing a pair of womens tights (preferably the opaque, thicker sort) under your normal trousers... they do work. Unless you are six foot four or something, when you'll definitely have a problem getting tights long enough!

Blonde said:

So, if someone was about 5' 10", what size of tights should he ask for? :blush:

Blonde said:

So, if someone was about 5' 10", what size of tights should he ask for? ;)

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Well I went out today to try the new gear, long sleeve jersey, fleece and water proof jacket, by 2 miles the jacket air flow zips were down, by 5 miles the jacket was off! think I'm going to have to play about a bit with this but at least I have more options now. However the 3/4 leggins under my fleece ones were perfect and the thermal socks plus a thin pair were fine except for the last few miles. My face was bloody cold though!
I think I went about 26 miles but my odo decided to zero itself so I can't be sure.

Top Bottom