Taken out on commute home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User33236

Two quotes required normally anyway.
Only been asked to get one quote by LD. They said they'd be happy with my own personal assessment at a push 'cos I did all the work on the bike. Thought it best to go to someone independent lol.

OP
OP
U

User33236

And make sure you record in your diary time spent running round getting quotes and stuff, and Bill them for that was well.
All calls were made from my mobile. I have so many inclusive minutes it hasnt even put a cent in them.

Keeping logs of travel and time to and from shop relating to quotes. Its quite easy as my car hasnt been used for anything else :-)

classic33

Leg End Member
Only been asked to get one quote by LD. They said they'd be happy with my own personal assessment at a psuh 'cos I did all the work on the bike. Thought it best to go to someone independent lol.
It tends to be the other side requesting the two seperate quotes.
Mine was a write-off, and I'd no means of getting it to a second one. I said I'd take it to a second, if they paid the transport cost. They declined, so made do with the one.

OP
OP
U

User33236

It tends to be the other side requesting the two seperate quotes.
Mine was a write-off, and I'd no means of getting it to a second one. I said I'd take it to a second, if they paid the transport cost. They declined, so made do with the one.
LD have told me that LV are one of the better insurers they usually have to deal with. But I guess only time will tell.

I have instructed LD to propose a settlement figure to LV and given a number of valids reason that by LV agreeing to do so will reduce to almost zero any further costs I may incur that they would be liable to pay. I should hopefully find out Tuesday or Wednesday what LD think of that tactic.

vickster

Legendary Member
I believe once you agree a figure, that's it, no more forthcoming which is why you need to wait for injuries to heal (as much as they will)

I'm dealing with Direct Line, they appear to be at the other end of the scale!

OP
OP
U

User33236

I believe once you agree a figure, that's it, no more forthcoming which is why you need to wait for injuries to heal (as much as they will)

I'm dealing with Direct Line, they appear to be at the other end of the scale!
I've suggested a figure for material damage and expenses only. E.g. bike, jacket, helmet etc. My material costs are fixed and expenses are extremely low at present but will begin to rise quite a bit if an agreement takes a long time to reach. LD and LV are happy to discuss material and personal injury figures separately, I just need to be careful to state I am only referring to one or the other in all comms :-).

Hope DL pull their finger out.

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn't incur many expenses once I returned to work, although Bupa's expenses did increase with physio etc. My bike was pretty much unscathed (was checked out) maybe because I cushioned its fall :wacko:

I think LD are being fairly slow too, especially at chasing up corrections to expert reports / amends. Normally a month passes between communications from them. I guess there's not too much they can do without hassling.

My comment was more about the insulting initial offer made

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

User33236

My bike was pretty much unscathed (was checked out) maybe because I cushioned its fall :wacko:
My leg appears to have cushioned the bike from the front of the car but once it and I parted company I appear to have landed partly on top of it, well my legs did at least.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, my left tibia evidently connected quite well with the frame, but perhaps underneath the bike! God knows, my first thought was getting out of a very busy section of road!

OP
OP
U

User33236

my first thought was getting out of a very busy section of road!
I know that feeling well! Thankfully the surrounding cars had all stopped in a way that set up a kind of safe zone which allowed by brain to have a few seconds to realise what had happened . I do not recall getting up and hobbling to the side of the road.

vickster

Legendary Member
I do, and probably what told me that my leg most likely wasn't broken. I'm not sure what the other cars were doing in the other lanes

OP
OP
U

User33236

I do, and probably what told me that my leg most likely wasn't broken. I'm not sure what the other cars were doing in the other lanes
I only know what the cars were doing from watching the CCTV footage lol.

vickster

Legendary Member
I came off a at a vile junction, lanes merging and going in different directions, lots of people not knowing where they are going on a Sunday evening too, like a lot of London. Not seen any CCTV, it was my bike being hit that took me off, I don't think the car made contact with me at all

classic33

Leg End Member
Once me and the car had parted company, leaving me in the road. The one thing that stands out is having the driver coming towards me "telling me" we didn't need the police.
Two calls made, one on the then non emergency number, the second on the emergency number, when he tried to stop me speaking to them.

Top Bottom