Taken out on commute home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You'll need a bike mechanic with industry recognised qualifications, and an X-Ray machine. Hospitals and aircraft engineers tend to have these machines, but as bike mechanics tend not to, and as the forks have sustained visible damage, I'd be pressing for a new bike.

OP
OP
U

User33236

You'll need a bike mechanic with industry recognised qualifications, and an X-Ray machine. Hospitals and aircraft engineers tend to have these machines, but as bike mechanics tend not to, and as the forks have sustained visible damage, I'd be pressing for a new bike.
A new bike is what I am hoping for. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Now the third party have admitted liability it is safe to post the video captured from my bike and a nearby CCTV camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

PK99

Legendary Member

My insurance company accepted a letter from my (main dealer) LBS "unable to certify as safe following accident damage"

She did that, then said "You've scratched my car"?

amazed-cat-o.gif

OP
OP
U

User33236

She did that, then said "You've scratched my car"?

amazed-cat-o.gif
One of the witnesses complimented me later on my retrained response to that statement from the driver. It's really not like me to be so restrained so i must have been in shock!

DrLex

merely the moocher
Ouchie!
Not attempting to excuse the driving, but looking at the CCTV footage, wonder whether the strong shadow 'hid' you when the driver looked to the right.
Hoping you get a full and satisfactory settlement.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Ouchie!
Not attempting to excuse the driving, but looking at the CCTV footage, wonder whether the strong shadow 'hid' you when the driver looked to the right.
Hoping you get a full and satisfactory settlement.
From my recollection the shadow wasnt a bad as the video makes it look and I was wearing bright yellow with a flashing CREE led front light. Whatever it was though they still missed seeing me.

hatler

Guru
Ouch indeed. I wonder if her attention was perhaps more focussed on determining whether the car following you really was turning left or not. If it hadn't done what its indicator was indicating, then she would have been t-boned by something a bit heavier than you and your bike.

OP
OP
U

User33236

All the driver saw was the motorcyclist who was turning left, that is the indicator they saw!
Very likely so.

She did, however, say that she saw me too, I did get eye contact for a moment before she moved out, and just assumed I was 'likely going to turn too'.

Top Bottom