Taken out on commute home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm not sure the driver had come back that quickly, wasn't able to stop immediately given how busy it is there (full on red route too)

OP
OP
U

User33236

I had dug my old hybrid out of the shed on Saturday and got round to giving it a once over yesterday to make sure it was safe to ride. It's a 10 year old 15Kg lump but required remarkably little fettling. After a short 5 minute spell on the the turbo last night to see how things went I ventured out onto the road today on a short loop near my home.

in a word it was horrible primarily I think due to weight and it being flat bar but I persevered. The plan was to do one loop (6.7Km) and, if I still felt ok, then do another and so on. I managed one before I had to admit defeat :-( Still it's a start.

Katherine

Guru
I had dug my old hybrid out of the shed on Saturday and got round to giving it a once over yesterday to make sure it was safe to ride. It's a 10 year old 15Kg lump but required remarkably little fettling. After a short 5 minute spell on the the turbo last night to see how things went I ventured out onto the road today on a short loop near my home.

in a word it was horrible primarily I think due to weight and it being flat bar but I persevered. The plan was to do one loop (6.7Km) and, if I still felt ok, then do another and so on. I managed one before I had to admit defeat :-( Still it's a start.

Well done. You'll go further next time.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Managed to start commuting again (it isn't really that far) but not going to worry any Strava times for a while that's for sure!

Finally got the quote from Evans after I told them their first effort was total nonsense. They failed to take into account ALL the upgrades and quote for a stock replacement!

Last edited by a moderator:

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Managed to start commuting again (it isn't really that far) but not going to worry and Strava times for a while that's for sure!

Finally got the quote from Evans after I told them their first effort was total nonsense. They failed to take into account ALL the upgrades and quote for a stock replacement!

Keep at it mate, just remember, anything you do is getting you fitter and makes you feel better than just sitting at home.

I'm out with a hamstring injury from Hockey at the moment, but itching to get back on the bike!

Leodis

Veteran
its the mental side when approaching junctions you may struggle with. I was hit the same way but saw it coming last minute and swerved last second leaving my pedal scratch all along the bumper, ever since I am cautious coming to junctions especially at speed.

Hope you get the bike and claim sorted soon and you are feeling better.

OP
OP
U

User33236

its the mental side when approaching junctions you may struggle with. I was hit the same way but saw it coming last minute and swerved last second leaving my pedal scratch all along the bumper, ever since I am cautious coming to junctions especially at speed.

Hope you get the bike and claim sorted soon and you are feeling better.
Certainly been a lot more aware, especially with those really annoying drivers who slowly creep forward at junctions. I also dont know if it is just psychological or not but other road users seem to have given me less 'respect' this week, in way of passing closer etc, and got me thinking is it down to me riding a bit slower on an old hybrid as opposed to my normal rides.

classic33

Leg End Member
Certainly been a lot more aware, especially with those really annoying drivers who slowly creep forward at junctions. I also dont know if it is just psychological or not but other road users seem to have given me less 'respect' this week, in way of passing closer etc, and got me thinking is it down to me riding a bit slower on an old hybrid as opposed to my normal rides.
Your noticing more of what was going on before.

classic33

Leg End Member
Your noticing more of what was going on before.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Got email from LD yesterday telling me than LV have agreed to pay my material losses and expenses claim in full. Having already agreed personal injury in the last week I am just waiting on a cheque now. All went surprisingly easy.

Spent this morning undertaking the task of stripping everything that can be reused off the crashed bike and binning the frame along with all the useable damaged items. Was a bit sad putting the frame in the bin.

Top Bottom