Taking a Drink While Riding..Which Hand..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Camelbak, no need for a bottle

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Both hands, 2 bottles at the same time, squirting them both in my mouth whilst powering along no handed.

'ave it!

compo

Veteran
Right and right, but I can't pull the spout out with my teeth because the spout is harder to pull than my dentures can manage. The spout stays in and my teeth come out! I have to pull out the spout while the bottle is in the cage then take it out to drink.

on the road

Über Member
This might sound daft but I'm having a bit of trouble using my drink bottle while I'm on the move..
I am right handed so I'm holding the bars with my left hand and trying to get the bottle in and out with the right and making a pigs ear of it..
Is that the right way or dont it matter.
What way do you take a drink if you are right handed or left handed?
That's the way I do it, although I don't make a pigs ear of it. I simply pull it out of it's holder with my right hand, pull the stopper up with my teeth and then drink it.

Gary E

Veteran
People often struggle because they naturally tilt there head back when they take a drink, as soon as they take their eyes off the road they wobble (same reason people find it hard to keep going in a straight line when checking for traffic behind them).
Try keeping your eyes on the road tilt your head slightly to one side instead and hold the bottle upside down with the nozzle in your mouth. Another trick is to squeeze the bottle to squirt the water into your mouth rather than sucking it out which can leave you a bit breathless if you take a long drink.
Practice it watching the telly and remember to keep your eyes on the screen :thumbsup:^_^

Nebulous

Guru
You can find lots of stuff on the internet.

I previously read an article on group riding, which went into great detail on how to find and replace your waterbottle on feel, but I can't find it now.

Top Bottom