Taking a Drink While Riding..Which Hand..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
Right handed and right hand,Found it much easier with the bottle mounted on the downtube rather than on the seatpost​

Rural halfwit

As Wisdom says,worked for me having gone to the down tube.But as already said it'll become a second nature thing before you know it.

Davehateshills

Right and right too, not dropped it yet however I do sometimes have to look to get it back in, not managed to feel my way around that area just yet but getting better! :wahhey:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
+1 one, right handed so I use that one.

If you are new to riding a road bike, (assumption made), you will find it tricky at first as road bikes do feel very twitchy until you adapt to it.

If this is the case as your confidence grows you will stop thinking about it and just do it :thumbsup:

Thats exactly it for me, it does feels very twitchy and yes I'm new to riding a road bike ( 3 weeks) good call...

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I use either hand depending on which bottle / holder I am going for; usually left for the down tube bottle and right for the seat tube one. Not sure why, but it seems to happen that way.

To OP, are you trying to cover your brakes while getting a drink or over tightening your grip on the bars to try and compensate? It might be easier not to, if you are, for better control and stability.

To both questions yes.
I might go to a quiet road and have a pratice but your are right the steering does feel twitchy so a bit of pratice will help and perhaps not such a hard grip on the bars... :smile:

Top Bottom