Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Slow commute in this morning, headwind the entire way. I overslept, so left an hour later than normal. Holy hell, traffic at the hour. It took me ages to get to the start of the B2B.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Uneventful ride in this morning - except someone in an Enterprise van beeping at me on the roundabout for no apparent reason.

That's the trouble with hire vans - you can never tell if it's someone you know - beeping to you, or someone you don't know - beeping at you

So I waved and gave them "the bird" in the same gesture - just to cover all bases

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I saw someone nearly get killed yesterday. Someone was turning right at a junction and a lorry who'd just overtaken a bike slowed down and pulled in a bit to squeeze past on the left, not realising or caring that the bike had blithely started riding up the inside of the lorry. I think the lorry actually hit the rider on the side and his wheels were right up against the kerb, but you wouldn't have thought it to look at him. Like he was out for a pleasant evening! Barely slowed down, carried on like nothing had happened.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Stepped in some dogshit and it got all stuck in my left cleat. I hardly even walked anywhere, just stopped briefly to take my morning photograph (I send one to Ms. P. each day when I get to work)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I only commute a mile each way but today was mad. 3 close passes, one close enough to thump on his van. One bloke pulled out and another overtook as I was turning righ. Apparently he was in a hurry and did see me.

Good job I work at a hospital

L Q

Über Member
Very very wet this morning.

si_c

Guru
Was pissing down before I left the house this morning, but by the time I had got the bike out and was ready to leave it had stopped. Dry run in with just a couple of impatient nobbers.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Cycling gods testing me this morning. Had an interview at work for a promotion. Forecast dry. Get up to hear heavy rain outside. After getting a cup of tea rain has eased off so cycle in, albeit with slightly damp trousers.

Someone else in the changing room was wringing out their socks so I probably got it light.

Had a very close pass yesterday. The car passed me at a roundabout pinch point about 2 inches from my handlebars. I shouted to ask for some space as he sped off. Got to the top of the little climb after this and found he'd stopped to apologise to me quite politely as he'd known I was there but was focussing on the approaching car. I was surprised how apologetic he was!

Top Bottom