1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tandems urgently needed!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hilldodger, 13 Apr 2008.

1. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

As I've mentioned, Cyclemagic has been asked to provide tandems for the new Stella Artois advert to be filmed later this month in Majorca.

We now need 15 machines and I currently only have ten. We need machines dating from the 1930 through to the 70's (the later ones will be dressed and used at the back of the shoot)

Anyone got one for sale/hire or even just parts?

I need them in Leicester by this time next week.

Ta.

PS, I'm looking on ebay but there aren't many ending soon enough.

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Hmmm... We have two, one is a tadem trike though... I'll go and check the make of the trike tandem frame, I know the added trike conversion is a Higgins. We have had it over 25 years and it was second hand when we got it. Bought from some racing chap, who was blind, named Jon, in the North of England. Not sure about it going to Majorca though :blush: I assume they'd be insured?

The second tandem is an Holdsworthy, think it is older then the trike.

Be right back... Going to look at the frame of the trike...

3. We don't got none Rog else you could of lent them of off us.

Carwash had one for sale a few months ago mind you, it might still be in his shed.

4. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

All the bikes will be insured by the film production company and will be transported by professional companies. I will be on set with the machines at all times.

5. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

* Returns from expidition into shed *

It is the tandem trike that has a Holdsworth frame with Higgins trike attachment brazed on.

I could not see the make of the other tandam. What I could see was two words on the frame, Twin and Twenty. It has a decal on the front with a large 'M' on it (Moulton?). It is a Stermy Archer 3 speed.

I will have to check with her ladyship before agreing any thing Hilldoger. Assuming these tandems are of any use to you and/or the production company.

PS.
    (OT)
    While in the shed I did not see the Sid Motrom frame (531) :blush:

6. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Ta Mickle - I know you'd have helped if you could.

We've already got the one from Carwash:smile:

7. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Have you put out a request on the CTC Forum ?

8. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

I will be doing but have never had much response. It was also on the tandem forum but had little response there, either.:rolleyes:

9. The Velvet Curtain

The Velvet Curtain Living La Mala Vida

Hi Roger,

I was going to suggest CTC as well, I've seen quite a few around the Bosworth Battlefield area on sunday mornings along with trikes and all sorts of oddities. I always assumed it was a chapter of the local CTC - or maybe it was some of your lot.

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

can't you just get some clarty old shitters and weld 'em together?

11. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Have you tried the time trialling forum? There's a number of folk who time trial tandems and they may have some old ones lurking. Might be worth an ask. http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/

12. Zoiders

Zoiders New Member

Roger you have PM old chap

13. Wobbly John

Wobbly John Veteran

I nearly emailled you last night about one from Wisbech going cheap on ebay.

14. longers

longers Veteran

There is a Tandems Page on yacf - here. Someone there might be able to help.

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Try Midland Cycle Hire.

Good people - cyclists through and through.