Tandems urgently needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I've mentioned, Cyclemagic has been asked to provide tandems for the new Stella Artois advert to be filmed later this month in Majorca.

We now need 15 machines and I currently only have ten. We need machines dating from the 1930 through to the 70's (the later ones will be dressed and used at the back of the shoot)

Anyone got one for sale/hire or even just parts?

I need them in Leicester by this time next week.

Ta.

PS, I'm looking on ebay but there aren't many ending soon enough.

Hmmm... We have two, one is a tadem trike though... I'll go and check the make of the trike tandem frame, I know the added trike conversion is a Higgins. We have had it over 25 years and it was second hand when we got it. Bought from some racing chap, who was blind, named Jon, in the North of England. Not sure about it going to Majorca though :blush: I assume they'd be insured?

The second tandem is an Holdsworthy, think it is older then the trike.

Be right back... Going to look at the frame of the trike...

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
All the bikes will be insured by the film production company and will be transported by professional companies. I will be on set with the machines at all times.

* Returns from expidition into shed *

It is the tandem trike that has a Holdsworth frame with Higgins trike attachment brazed on.

I could not see the make of the other tandam. What I could see was two words on the frame, Twin and Twenty. It has a decal on the front with a large 'M' on it (Moulton?). It is a Stermy Archer 3 speed.

I will have to check with her ladyship before agreing any thing Hilldoger. Assuming these tandems are of any use to you and/or the production company.

PS.
(OT)
While in the shed I did not see the Sid Motrom frame (531) :blush:

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
mickle said:
We don't got none Rog else you could of lent them of off us.

Carwash had one for sale a few months ago mind you, it might still be in his shed.

Ta Mickle - I know you'd have helped if you could.

We've already got the one from Carwash:smile:

TVC

Hi Roger,

I was going to suggest CTC as well, I've seen quite a few around the Bosworth Battlefield area on sunday mornings along with trikes and all sorts of oddities. I always assumed it was a chapter of the local CTC - or maybe it was some of your lot.

Top Bottom