Tattoos on ladies

Should women have tattoos?

• Only if they want to frighten children and vulnerable adults.

Votes: 56 26.9%
  • A great ernhancement of the female form.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • It is up to you love.

Votes: 121 58.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
one of my favourite favourite google image searches is 'bad tattoos'...
electronicbomb-11012012-bad-tattoos-00.jpg

bad-tattoo-pic1.jpg

35EF44C5AC244DABA6F666A2B9A990_h300_w400_m2_bblack_q99_p99_cFrCBZInJ.jpg

...I used to have a guitar called Brenda... but i didn't like it that much!

buggi

Bird Saviour
I like your choices Buggi, and I think Cheryl Cole's rose tattoo is beautiful but you'd better be plucking up more than courage - apparently it cost her £14,000.
Wtf? I better get saving! Altho celebrities always pay over the top. I don't like cheryls... I think its really ugly. I like the orange flowers i posted coz its more delicate. I would have it up my side tho.

U

User33236

View attachment 34317
Tell me that's not sexy

IMHO the tattoos detract from what would be a very attractive lady. Sometimes less is more.

I do quite a bit of model photography and more and more are getting tattoos or adding to what they already have. One model I've worked with a couple of times recently had some additional work done that means, sadly, I won't be working with her again as her new look doesn't work for the images I am trying to create.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
An interesting article in the Guardian today, with views from a variety of different ladies.

My dad has no idea I have tattoos. I cover up when I see him and wear fingerless gloves – I have to tell him they're in fashion. I only really see my parents at Christmas. It would be a nightmare if we were somewhere hot.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
It was yesterday Tim, do try and keep up:
Oh dear! Silly me! How about this link from the Guardian comments section:

Why did you put that there?

Key findings included a positive relationship between Femininity and Vow and Personal tattoos; a positive relationship between males and Group tattoos, Materialism and Public display and perception of meanings of their tattoos. The findings would also support the notion that Femininity rather than Masculinity played the more important role in perception of tattoos. Another key finding was that people who had tattoos they perceived to be Art did not associate Personal, Vow, Public or Private meanings with their tattoos.

Sights like that should be banned and the perpetrator shot.

Odd tyres and one is WHITE! :eek:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I shall be getting some ink in the new year. But I'm no woman and certainly not a lady.

The studio in London-by-the-sea that son-in-love goes to charges £80 an hour. His latest tattoo has cost him over £2000. He thinks he's spent five times that adorning himself so far. Expensive habit. But then again I bought a pair of very expensive shoes yesterday I don't need and will probably only wear five or six times a year.

Each to their own, what?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[QUOTE 2822865, member: 1314"]I am firmly of the opinion that those who are still fussed about what others do with their bodies are the backwoodswomen who live in Basingstoke and only have sex on their partner's birthday with the lights off. Unlike us liberated metrosexuals...

View attachment 34375 [/quote]
Impressive beard!

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Not very interesting, I thought. I think in the current context (tattoos on women) this from the article itself is more relevant:

"Some things I have heard about women's tattoos: they are chavvy, common, tasteless. They are a mark of the slut, the slapper, the loose woman. Men's tattoos might be about allegiance to a gang, a subculture, a faith or a family. They might be to memorialise a lover or child, remember a journey, a period of time in prison or a religious conversion. Why are women's tattoos often viewed in terms of their sexual attractiveness, or the indicator they are perceived to give about her availability? Why is women's skin still considered public property she has no right to alter? Apparently, these marks of mine are a waste of money and they're just going to fade, blur and sag.
For others, I suspect the vehement dislike of tattoos is really a fear of women's skin. When a woman makes her own mark on it, she isn't quite as available to receive whatever fantasies you might want to project on to her. If skin is a screen, and a woman writes on it, she is telling the world (or even just herself) that her own standards of attractiveness are more important to her than the standards of anyone else who might cross her path. She is taking ownership."
Interesting line of thought. In what other ways do you think women take ownership of their bodies? What about the reverse, engagement rings for example?

buggi

Bird Saviour
Both nice buggi, and shows that a tattoo doesn't have to have a meaning or represent anything - life event, whatever. It can just look nice. I like you're thinking - one big bold piece, not a mix of lots of small ones as you've said.
I'm booked in for my first next week. Just something small though as Mrs.Pm ain't keen.
tell me how much it hurts!

Top Bottom