Tattoos on ladies

Should women have tattoos?

• Only if they want to frighten children and vulnerable adults.

Votes: 56 26.9%
  • A great ernhancement of the female form.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • It is up to you love.

Votes: 121 58.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
The reverse of what? What has a ring that can be taken off got in common with a tattoo? I see a lot of difference between a cultural signifier of being in a relationship and the 'ownership' that is being spoken of here, which addresses the right other people seem to assume to comment on a woman's adornment of her own body.
This is maybe not suitable for 'Cafe'. I don't want to risk spoiling a light hearted thread with some deep and potentially divisive debate on this. Each to their own is what I say about tattoos.

I have been to an 80th birthday party recently.

The "music was performed by a very nice young lady with a lovely voice singing "standards'. She was very elegant and dressed in a lovely late 50's dress.

However her "sleeve", and tattooed leg were all everyone noticed, and several thought spoiled the entire performance.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
However her "sleeve", and tattooed leg were all everyone noticed, and several thought spoiled the entire performance.

Why? Weren't they singing at concert pitch?

I can't stand the sight of Van Morrison but his music is sublime. I went to a gig of his and spent most of it with my eyes shut - I kid you not. There was no need to look at the 'instrument' to enjoy the music.

colly

Re member eR
I have been to an 80th birthday party recently.

The "music was performed by a very nice young lady with a lovely voice singing "standards'. She was very elegant and dressed in a lovely late 50's dress.

Would that be her 'wizards sleeve' ? I can see why it might be a distraction in polite society.:ohmy:

vernon

One of the top Northumbrian pipers in the country is 'Inky-Adrian'.

I'd forgotten about his appearance as I was more blown away by his piping. At some stage in the future I might be seeking piping lessons from him.

2597811223_e441477645_o.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

I think he might be upset if you think him a lady

Alan...

vernon

I think he might be upset if you think him a lady

Alan...

(S)he might be called 'Inky Adrienne' :thumbsup:

I was making the point that appearances aren't the be all and end all of musical performances. Inky has pushed the boundaries back with Northumbrian piping. His appearance is not to everyone's taste but no one is able to knock his musicianship. I used to wonder what sort of employer would take him on then i discovered that he was a signalman, a mostly solitary profession.

Why? Weren't they singing at concert pitch?

I can't stand the sight of Van Morrison but his music is sublime. I went to a gig of his and spent most of it with my eyes shut - I kid you not. There was no need to look at the 'instrument' to enjoy the music.

Trouble is that we couldn't hear much for the comments!

Top Bottom