Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
:thumbsup:

At least he's not going on about the bmw's :rofl:

They were probably made better in his day as well.

The South of Germany, Bavaria or Bayern which is the B in BMW, was/(is) a big Nazi stronghold. As they made aero engines for WWII he more than likely was a major share holder, either way he certainly called the shots back then.

Anyway what this all explains is how Ryan climbs better than he handles flats because as he has no doubt become 'native' he will walk around all day with straight legs which means that cycling standing up, e.g. climbing, is a lot easier than sitting down for him.

Another little know fact is that the Bayern Munchen (Munich) company BW AG (Aktiengesellscaft = Ltd) bought out the small company that designed and produced the Wankel engine, Wanklers, in the late 50's to finally become BMW, Bayern Munchen Wanklers.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Crikey you could have done it twice in the time it took me :notworthy:

I did get caught out by the false finish. Well, it wasn't a false finish really just me not paying attention. I dropped down the gears to cool off before realising and trying to put in a sprint that petered out to almost a dead stop on the line:rolleyes:

Not paying attention to things/own son-i am beginning to detect a theme:whistle:

123ian

Hi newbie here

Only had my bkool for couple off weeks.
But can't belive how good it looks.
I'very asked to join these groups
Chaingang

Handicap Chase

Mountain Goats

Mountain Moose

Top 100
My nickname on bkool is stumpy..
Thanks
Ian

BILL S

Guru
Hi newbie here

Only had my bkool for couple off weeks.
But can't belive how good it looks.
I'very asked to join these groups
Chaingang

Handicap Chase

Mountain Goats

Mountain Moose

Top 100
My nickname on bkool is stumpy..
Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian. I've accepted you into the Chaingang and the Mountain Goats, and I'm assuming you are Ian Glover (bkool picture gave it away). :welcome:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
And I've accepted requests for @Breedon, @idletony and @123ian to join the Handicap Chase Group! :welcome:

If you guys want to join in tonight's Handicap Chase we just need to agree a start time alongside someone of similar fitness.

Checkout Chain Gang Handicap Race for an explanation of how to join a Handicap session at the correct time.

I'll be posting Start Times for tonight's multi-user ride shortly. Rides Start from between 8pm and 8:15pm tonight, depending on your Handicap Start Time.

Cheers,

Geoff

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
As I haven't put in a time yet this season, can I get a start alongside idletony please?

It does seem unlikely that you will catch up two minutes on Lars, I wonder if it might be better to group a few of you together and make it easier to get into the draft?

Also, Bridgy has 3 1/2 minutes on you, but has much improved in fitness since then.

Perhaps we could start off all you "elite" guys at 10 minutes?

These sessions are to try and get up to date handicaps for the TTT when they start, so the elapsed times are most important.

EDIT: Start Times updated

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
It does seem unlikely that you will catch up two minutes on Lars, I wonder if it might be better to group a few of you together and make it easier to get into the draft?

Also, Bridgy has 3 1/2 minutes on you, but has much improved in fitness since then.

Perhaps we could start of all you "elite" guys at 10 minutes?

These sessions are to try and get up to date handicaps for the TTT when they start, so the elapsed times are most important.

And if I was to make it Geoff, how about me too? :smile:
Ta!

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Perhaps we could start of all you "elite" guys at 10 minutes?

I was quite pleased with my 3 1/2 minute head start on Bill :sad:

Top Bottom