Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
As usual when I feel like that I come off the trainer feeling fresh as a daisy but with knackered legs and 4rse. I'm already thinking about how I can get my saddle more comfy.

Bill, you are in Richmond? You could go to Sigma in Kingston or Cadence in Crystal Palace and take advantage of their saddle fitting? They will set you up on the bike and then let you try lots until you find one you are more comfortable with. Arione copy suits my sit bones ok and is just fine with La Passion or rivelo bibs. Less comfortable with my dhb or shutt summer shorts which have thinner/less sculpted pads. That might also be because the La Passione and Rivelo's are a VERY snug fit.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I thought i saw the same with you .... when my speed dropped and peeps shot past, our difference was the same. I wonder if it's a 'ghost' thing? Maybe the ghost aren't really riding the course exactly as they did, but maybe they are riding it at their average Watts per section? Would certainly explain why at times tonight I was shooting past @Breedon, and others he was shooting past me, but my power wasn't changing that much and I bet he wasn't doing a fartlek session!

Could be the classic trainer old sw/fw when you hit the hills I'll have the advantage if I challenge my old ghosts it's not yo-yo'ing it's just a constant pace, also could be my riding stlye as the ghost was a amateur 8 i was using the power on-off technique which I no longer use, .

JacobSkovsgaard

So is this the correct example?

Race 1.
1st = 15points
2nd = 14points
3rd....

Race 2.
1st = 10points
2nd = 9points
3rd....

Race 3.
1st = 5points
2nd = 4...

If so, then clearly race one is the most important - All teams eyeballs out. By the time race 3 takes place, it will be who can finish at all... :heat:

There needs to be a sixth team member to choose from, this will add to strategy & defend against injury or burnout.

Hello
All three race are equal.
Race 1:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 2:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 3:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point

Latest news is that a frenchman is trying to collect a french team for the event :-)
@Randyberlin, will there be an American team?

If there is 4 teams, then 1st place is 20 point and if there is 5 teams, then 1st place is 25 point

Best regards
Jacob Skovsgaard

Steve

I wish I'd known you were riding the stage 3 this morning Steve, I'd have joined you. I completed it this morning too.
Sorry Jim, i thought you 'younger' chaps were more night owls, next time i'll certainly post my intentions, i could do with getting experience in the art of drafting

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hello
Race 1:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 2:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 3:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point

Latest news is that a frenchman is trying to collect a french team for the event :-)

If there is 4 teams, then 1st place is 20 point and if there is 5 teams, then 1st place is 25 point

Best regards
Jacob Skovsgaard
Thanks for confirming that Jacob.

Yes guys we should start a new thread to talk tactics etc! I wouldn't worry too much about the fact it's three back to back races - we just need to pace ourselves accordingly, which I'm sure is possible.

When I get a chance I will start a dedicated thread (unless someone else does it first!) - have lots to discuss!

Hello
Race 1:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 2:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 3:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point

Best regards
Jacob Skovsgaard

Jacob,

Team USA is being organized by Craig Harrison. He is recruiting some competitive riders.

If it were me organizing a team, even if we didn't finish first we would just say we did. It would be called alternative fact based finishing order.

Edit. I promise I will not go to the new tactic thread.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jacob,

Team USA is being organized by Craig Harrison. He is recruiting some competitive riders.

If it were me organizing a team, even if we didn't finish first we would just say we did. It would be called alternative fact based finishing order.

Edit. I promise I will not go to the new tactic thread.

I think you should create the new thread Randy. We need all the alternative facts we can get!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Just died halfway through stage 5... I think I got caught by surprise at how hard it was.
And if you think stage 5 was hard stage 7 is a killer! The initial start is easy enough to stay with Jacob and I stayed with him for about half the first hill, but continued 8 to 12% knocks you back. Then near the end, you have to do another long hill with further 8 to 12% gradients. Lets just say that I 'bonked' of the wrong variety, which is quite typical these days...

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Yes guys we should start a new thread to talk tactics etc! I wouldn't worry too much about the fact it's three back to back races - we just need to pace ourselves accordingly, which I'm sure is possible.

When I get a chance I will start a dedicated thread (unless someone else does it first!) - have lots to discuss!

Your the Captain Bridgy.
There's a joke in there somewhere!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Well, if it were me, and it isn't, but if it were, I'd be targeting two stages to exploit team strength.. oh bugger.. now everyone knows... :shy:

Top Bottom