Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
:thumbsup:

I've just ordered new cassettes as well a SRAM 1130 11-36 for the GT Grade and a SRAM 1030 11-36 for the BMC Alpenchallenge. They are reportedly compatable with Shimano. I've also ordered a 48t chainring for the GT Grade. That will give me identical gearing for both bikes apart for the little ring on the BMC.

GT Grade
48/36 11-36

BMC AC02
48/36/26 11-36

I'm not sure what bike I'll be using. But if I don't have the gearing for the hills I am seriously in trouble :cry:

TB,. SRAM work with Shimano no problems. Your triple setup has the same gear inches as my bike on the easiest gearing. It allows me spin up 20+% hills.

Unclip earlier rather than later DAMHIK :cursing:

:okay:. Early unclip

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I'm going to venture out in the real world for the first time in 3 years!!!! :crazy: And first time ever in SPDs ... expecting to fall off at least once in the ride :banghead:
Remember to initiate uncliping the shoe from the pedal before the bikes stops!

rob01792

Über Member
Velodrome cyclists now have bodies and heads. BUT.. cyclist now pass through each other rather than overtake.
Improved graphics in 3D avatar - better colours etc
Dint notice owt else..

I had the update yesterday I done an hour in the drome and it was going around them but ive tried to schedule a ride up d huez but I cant add ghost I get to the page the just get the spinning blue wheel

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Update - I got my gear on, stepped out the door, and the heavens opened. Gone black over Bill's Mother's and not looking to get better any time soon. Looks like it's back onto the turbo then!! Always thought real world cycling was overrated :biggrin:
Update to update ... weather cleared up by the time I got the turbo set up, so i ventured out into the real world in the end and managed a gentle 14.4 mile loop. A nice rolling ride with a small climb that included an 8% gradient. This didn't feel too bad at all even on the 28 gear.

On the home section there is a much steeper descent that includes a 14% section that I need to practice climbing ... when I came down that tonight I was on my brake all the way down!!! I'm not a good bike handler and not confident coming down hill :sad: I need to get out a lot more and improve my bike handling skills.

Re: the cleats, I didn't fall off once :wahhey:

Never had a racing/road bike before so cycling and reaching the brake levers is hard for me (I struggle to get far enough forward duet to my back). Again, need to get out more and see what works best for me :unsure:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Once had these on an old trek pilot I had. They are really handy. I think I'll get a set myself.

I used to have some like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUt7rA8C25FyUS-kpjJVd93p198Tcgozet0Ep6UpHwoGIFdoin.jpg

Top Bottom