Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It now says 54min 30sec and 271W. What am I missing here ?
Does that include the warm up and cool down?

Edit : just realised, you mean my ride? That was my first attempt that I did on Tuesday. Today's ride hasn't been released yet so you won't see it in the league until an admin presses the big green button :okay:

Last edited:

Whorty

I think @BILL S will have a few rides to release tonight ... mine is still in the ether too ..... Bkool didn't seem to like that I improved my time :banghead:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
To be honest he almost caught me out towards the top of the last climb.
I struggled with power as we approached the summit and he was storming up behind me.
I knew I could probably descend faster than him but I was so bushed by the top of the climb I had to back off a bit on the descent and catch my stride again.
That last rise looked pretty short so I just blasted into it.
Not sure it was lack of power... you were going pretty well by my eyes! Did you have any dead stops?

BILL S

Guru
I think @BILL S will have a few rides to release tonight ... mine is still in the ether too ..... Bkool didn't seem to like that I improved my time :banghead:

There doesn't seem to be any rides awaiting approval including my own. Not sure what happened but looks like some rides are lost.
No doubt about it though Whorty. Things have definitely changed since I last rode with you. I thought I could stay with your ghost at first but I couldn't keep up your pace and you finished way ahead. Second only to Jacob in that race . Also no way I could stay with Brussgaard or Steve either. I wasn't pushing too hard considering I still have my vertigo symptoms but I wasn't hanging around either.

Whorty

There doesn't seem to be any rides awaiting approval including my own. Not sure what happened but looks like some rides are lost.
No doubt about it though Whorty. Things have definitely changed since I last rode with you. I thought I could stay with your ghost at first but I couldn't keep up your pace and you finished way ahead. Second only to Jacob in that race . Also no way I could stay with Brussgaard or Steve either. I wasn't pushing too hard considering I still have my vertigo symptoms but I wasn't hanging around either.
It's a good first ride back after a month out. Within a few rides you'll be up front in your rightful position :okay:

As for rides, mine def got the red cross against it due to 'improved time'. Maybe Bkool slow tonight due to volume of riders. Hopefully rides not lost but if they are, hey ho :smile:

RamirezAGC

Just realised I did completely the wrong stage :whistle:, oh well just 4 more stages to do in 2 days.... hmmm

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Nice ride @AAAC 76C you certainly dangled a carrot only for you to snatch it away! Rico ended up a broken man!

It all became clear when I looked at the stats.
A He's on an Elite
B He averaged only 6 watts higher than me but 2watts/kg more than me as well.
C His weight calculates to 55 kg
Not sure it was lack of power... you were going pretty well by my eyes! Did you have any dead stops?

Didn't notice any but I had a few head down moments where I got caught out by the slope and had to stand on the gear because it was too late to change safely.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
It all became clear when I looked at the stats.
A He's on an Elite
B He averaged only 6 watts higher than me but 2watts/kg more than me as well.
C His weight calculates to 55 kg

Didn't notice any but I had a few head down moments where I got caught out by the slope and had to stand on the gear because it was too late to change safely.
One thing I noticed was his cadence was 50 to 60 rpm up the steep inclines which was rather odd!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Also no way I could stay with Brussgaard or Steve either. I wasn't pushing too hard considering I still have my vertigo symptoms but I wasn't hanging around either.

I did try to stay just ahead of you and the ghosts, hoping you would catch up, and we could ride together to the finish line. I felt too hot (25C in the shed again), and my average BPM was somewhat higher than usual, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't beat Whorty's time. Halfway through you slowed down, and I tried to stay with Whorty and later Steve, but was really tired... In the end though, I just managed to beat Steve by 1 second. :tongue:

I am sure you'll catch up with the rest of the gang in no time Bill!

I promise to do a re-run tomorrow or Saturday @Whorty with fresh legs. Stay tuned for the usual e-mail greeting from your Danish pen-pal.:hello:^_^

Brusgaard

Über Guru

I was hit hard by the dead-stop shortly after the start. I was too busy chasing Jacob and forgot to look at the percentages on the right. Hitting 6.9% at 52/12 wasn't planned. :-). You'll notice the same thing happened to him as well, if you watch Bkools Facebook stream of the early race. :-)

Whorty

I did try to stay just ahead of you and the ghosts, hoping you would catch up, and we could ride together to the finish line. I felt too hot (25C in the shed again), and my average BPM was somewhat higher than usual, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't beat Whorty's time. Halfway through you slowed down, and I tried to stay with Whorty and later Steve, but was really tired... In the end though, I just managed to beat Steve by 1 second. :tongue:

I am sure you'll catch up with the rest of the gang in no time Bill!

I promise to do a re-run tomorrow or Saturday @Whorty with fresh legs. Stay tuned for the usual e-mail greeting from your Danish pen-pal.:hello:^_^
With fresh legs you'll beat me easily. But I can bask in the glory until then :wahhey:

Top Bottom