Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
What happened there??? Did you wait for me Adam? The start seemed to happen with me still on the line because I didn't get a 9 second count down. Thought I'd better go when only me and someone else was left on the line. Then Adam seemed to let me catch up before picking up the pace and letting me slipstream him for a mile or two. It was all I could do to keep up. Then on the downhill I seemed to gain an advantage and used the slingshot to maximise the next uphill and that seemed to make all the difference. Gear changing just right seems to be crucial. And fortunately I had recovered somewhat from last night.
Thanks Guys. I really enjoyed that now that its over :smile:

What happened at the start, it was glitchy as hell! The avatars kept jumping back and forth, and the gaps were all over the place. Some were displaying as hours behind, rather than minutes. Was it only me affected?

It settled down after a while and I had my usual lonely ride, until one of the Pauls came past me like a rocket, doing about 40 mph on a 10% incline.

Geoff
Mine started before the countdown was finished and when someone took off I started, then it looked like I got a big jump on everyone.

kipster

Guru
The start was odd, the count down started at 33 seconds left, so I had a drink, looked out the window, looked back and the ride had started without me, I shot off, passed everyone then everyone passed me, it settled down after that but I had already lost time on Bill, Adam and Randy, I pushed hard but they kept getting away, I eventually got back to Randy but no such luck with the other two. I kept the HR under control at 180+ :eek:

BILL S

Guru
What happened at the start, it was glitchy as hell! The avatars kept jumping back and forth, and the gaps were all over the place. Some were displaying as hours behind, rather than minutes. Was it only me affected?

I had the same weird glitchy start then the same strange gap readings in hours instead of minutes. Seen the hours glitch a few times so not so surprising. Like you said it seems to settle down after a while.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
That was great guys...my first outing. Only problem is how do i start at the same time as everyone off the start line? My avatar wouldn't move for about 20 secs???....that wasn't an excuse for my time :-D!!

You have to stop pedalling and let everything wind down to zero, including speed and power, before it will let you start.

On my KICKR that takes around 30 seconds!

If you start pedaling again before the countdown hits zero, it can force you to stop again and wait for speed and power to get back to zero before you can move off the line.

It's a very fiddly process and gets easier with practice.

Geoff

Paulf1566

It settled down after a while and I had my usual lonely ride, until one of the Pauls came past me like a rocket, doing about 40 mph on a 10% incline.

Geoff

I just finished my snickers and it was like rocket fuel!!

No actually, if only, it was the other Paul - unfortunately!

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
What happened there??? Did you wait for me Adam? The start seemed to happen with me still on the line because I didn't get a 9 second count down. Thought I'd better go when only me and someone else was left on the line. Then Adam seemed to let me catch up before picking up the pace and letting me slipstream him for a mile or two. It was all I could do to keep up. Then on the downhill I seemed to gain an advantage and used the slingshot to maximise the next uphill and that seemed to make all the difference. Gear changing just right seems to be crucial. And fortunately I had recovered somewhat from last night.
Thanks Guys. I really enjoyed that now that its over :smile:
Wait for you? You cheeky b*****d?!? I wasn't waiting for anyone, I think what you saw was called extreme fatigue!

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Mine started before the countdown was finished and when someone took off I started, then it looked like I got a big jump on everyone.

By the time mine had stopped glitching you were about 90 seconds ahead of me. I tried to close that down but couldn't really make any headway at all, you had such a great pace!

Geoff

BILL S

Guru
You have to stop pedalling and let everything wind down to zero, including speed and power, before it will let you start.

On my KICKR that takes around 30 seconds!

If you start pedaling again before the countdown hits zero, it can force you to stop again and wait for speed and power to get back to zero before you can move off the line.

It's a very fiddly process and gets easier with practice.

Geoff

I didn't even get a 9 second countdown. I was waiting for the 9 seconds to start early but it just didn't start. Also, Geoff I couldn't see you on the start line so I thought there was something glitch going on.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Just checked out that ride. Looks like about an hour and a half of solid steady climb. Should be interesting, definately a bit more stamina required for these later Goat runs.

Top Bottom