Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Looking forward to it. I should be hot to trot Monday, but not till about 8pm. If you fancy tackling it together? Which could be a recipe for burn out disaster.
I'd like that but don't know if I could muster any motivation at 8pm. I'd normally be starting around 5.30 mid week for a 1:30 ride. That'd be interesting though. Would we be team mates or arch rivals? :cheers: :cycle:

BILL S

Guru
Just checked out that ride. Looks like about an hour and a half of solid steady climb. Should be interesting, definately a bit more stamina required for these later Goat runs.

Any idea how I could make them even more interesting? 2 a week perhaps?

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I'd like that but don't know if I could muster any motivation at 8pm. I'd normally be starting around 5.30 mid week for a 1:30 ride. That'd be interesting though. Would we be team mates or arch rivals? :cheers: :cycle:
Would be good to tackle it as team mates I would say. But problem with that is I would end up holding you back. Unless you fancy a steady crack at it tomorrow? I could do that. Monday night is kids football for me, and by the time they get to bed its 7:30.

BILL S

Guru
Would be good to tackle it as team mates I would say. But problem with that is I would end up holding you back. Unless you fancy a steady crack at it tomorrow? I could do that. Monday night is kids football for me, and by the time they get to bed its 7:30.
Don't think you'll be holding me back judging by Moncenisio. I could go for it tomorrow a bit later if its good for you. What time do you think? This'll be a first, never tried this on a Mtn Goats ride :smile:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
That was great guys...my first outing. Only problem is how do i start at the same time as everyone off the start line? My avatar wouldn't move for about 20 secs???....that wasn't an excuse for my time :-D!!
Paul, did you ever join the Thursday night CC group on bkool? I can't see your session in the league. What's your moniker on bkool?

Geoff

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
My Garmin Virb Elite has arrived! Any recommendation as to best settings and any other tips to get the best results please?

Mount it on your handlebars, the helmet doesn't work very well as you get too much movement. Try and get it as close to the middle of the bars as possible to minimise wobble. I use ultra soon with stabilisation and distortion correction and record in 1080p, then reduce to 720p to upload, as it makes the ride small enough to upload.

Best bet is to actually mount it on the front of you car or even better a motorbike, as this gives a steady picture, but you have to drive at cycling pace, which can be tricky!

Edit it up in virb edit before using bkool video tool to upload it, as this is much better than trying to trim in virb edit.

Geoff

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Spot on Adam. 5.30. You want to start it off and I'll join you?
Got a bit of sobering up to do myself.
Yes, ok. I'll start it at 5:30pm, as soon as your in I'll go, so if you want to do any warm up, you can do it beforehand. I tend to warm up en route so to speak. I would aim to keep my HR somewhere between 160-165 for the first hour, if you are finding this too steady, just take off. And I will probably try and keep up before fizzling out.
This should be an interesting exercise.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Fancy it Kipster? The three of us aren't far off each others pace. We'd almost have a peloton then. But you would have to let me know, so I didn't start before you jumped in.

kipster

Guru
Fancy it Kipster? The three of us aren't far off each others pace. We'd almost have a peloton then. But you would have to let me know, so I didn't start before you jumped in.
I do but I don't get in from work until about 6pm, and I'd need some food before doing the climb, so couldn't make a 5:30 start. Have fun though and I'll be sure to add your ghosts to my attempt.

When I get home, I'll drop in to spectate and offer motivation words :smile:

Reactions: Add

paul4848

Regular
Paul, did you ever join the Thursday night CC group on bkool? I can't see your session in the league. What's your moniker on bkool?

Geoff
Hi Geoff, yes I think I joined it. Thursday nights I work so will struggle to join in live, but I believe I can do these rides at any time? Really enjoyed yesterday's ride so will try to do more. What is "moniker"?

Paul (Wils)

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
What is "moniker"?

Paul (Wils)

Your registered name or alias on bkool. I can now see that it is WILS. :okay:

I've found your application and joined you up! :welcome:

We do the Saturday rerun at 5pm most weeks, if that's a better time for you to join a group ride.

Geoff

Last edited:
Top Bottom