Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Ghost are definitely a problem. Sometimes you see them sometimes not :huh:. When you do see them they are usually doing something odd :whistle:. The current favourite view is something akin to a hover bike going backwards :laugh:

So I did CG2 again this morning just to finish off my experiments with turbo and bike set up.

Challenged @Marino.g and predictably never saw his ghost throughout the ride.

Was overtaken on the first climb by @JacobSkovsgaard 's ghost riding sideways uphill, then I passed him again, then he passed me (obviously both sideways) then I left him for dead as I rode straight through the middle of his sideways ghost and he never passed me again.............. although of course when I checked the ride stats on the website he'd finished over 10 minutes ahead of me.

Really useful these ghosts! :laugh::laugh:

Got my expected 3 red crosses again, so I'm afraid another request to @Whorty or @BILL S or any other admin to please approve my ride.

As far as my bike set up experiments go, I suspect I've just confirmed what all you guys knew already, but its improved by CG2 time by about 4.5 mins:

1. Make sure your bottom bracket and derailleur are both running smoothly
2. Road tyres are faster than trainer specific tyres
3. Pumping tyres up beyond their road max is ok and helps
4. Lapdog bots can help drafting
5. Make sure you're weight is correct but don't change it during a league in case you piss off the admins!

BILL S

Guru
All correct but its really not a problem for the admins to approve your ride, especially if you request it on here so we know it needs doing. :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Planning on doing stage 2 tomorrow or a Liga stage :whistle: or trainerroad :wacko:
A man of your talent should be able to do all 3 :laugh:

Planning on doing stage 2 tomorrow or a Liga stage :whistle: or trainerroad :wacko:
Isn't the CG stage 4 tomorrow? It's Thankgiving holiday here so I planned on doing it live because I have to go to Cleveland for some X-Ray training starting Saturday. But unlike @Marino.g I'll just be attending not teaching.

Top Bottom