Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi guys, Jacob has emailed me about the 2018 Nations Cup - to remind you it is on Saturday 17th February.

Those organising everything need to know for sure that we can put a team of 5 together again.

I am up for it but don't know if the rest the team from last time - @BILL S , @AAAC 76C , @TurboTommy , and @Daddy Pig - will be available and willing and able to ride? Also, we did discuss possibly doing a "team selection league" - what do you think Bill?

So firstly can previous team members - and anyone else up for it please confirm availability at this stage? It's obviously a competitive event so we'd want to take tbe strongest 5 riders we can....

For any newcomers not familiar with it, the Nations Cup is a 5-person team event between Denmark, Spain and GB which involves 3 back to back races on 3 different courses. It's great fun to compete in and to watch - and competitors will get a brand new virtual team GB kit for their avatar!
I'd be up for it, if selected. However, that Saturday I'll be coming off a week skiing with the grandkids so don't expect anything like great form, though my descending speeds should be bat out of hellish !

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hi guys, Jacob has emailed me about the 2018 Nations Cup - to remind you it is on Saturday 17th February.

Those organising everything need to know for sure that we can put a team of 5 together again.

I am up for it but don't know if the rest the team from last time - @BILL S , @AAAC 76C , @TurboTommy , and @Daddy Pig - will be available and willing and able to ride? Also, we did discuss possibly doing a "team selection league" - what do you think Bill?

So firstly can previous team members - and anyone else up for it please confirm availability at this stage? It's obviously a competitive event so we'd want to take tbe strongest 5 riders we can....

For any newcomers not familiar with it, the Nations Cup is a 5-person team event between Denmark, Spain and GB which involves 3 back to back races on 3 different courses. It's great fun to compete in and to watch - and competitors will get a brand new virtual team GB kit for their avatar!

It seems a shame they don’t have category racing so lots of bkoolers can compete.
That aside I look forward to spectating and cheering you on.

Del C

Veteran
I need a little help!

I'm in 4 leagues at the moment: Chain Gang, Winter Cup, LEJOG and Liga Multiplayer.

Today I rode Sateg 6 of Liga Multiplayer....... except that in the end it turns out that I didn't.

I fired up Bsim and found that the only scheduled rides showing were for LEJOG. In fact I had Stages 3 to 6 showing twice, taking up all 8 of the Scheduled Ride slots.

I went back to the website, where all my scheduled rides were showing correctly, although the LEJOG ones were duplicated there as well.

As I was out in the garage and ready to go, I wanted to get things going without digging around on the forum to see what the way to fix this problem might be. I thought somebody had said that if you added the ride to favourites it should work. So, that's what I did. The ride showed up in BSim and I rode it. But when I finished, it hadn't registered as a league ride.

What's the correct thing to do when this happens? How do you get a scheduled ride that shows up on the website to run as a league ride in BSim when it doesn't show as a scheduled ride in BSim.

Needless to say it was a tough stage. I did a goodish time which now doesn't count, so I was pretty pissed off at the end.

I've got to say I like Bkool, but stuff like this seems to really let it down.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I need a little help!

I'm in 4 leagues at the moment: Chain Gang, Winter Cup, LEJOG and Liga Multiplayer.

Today I rode Sateg 6 of Liga Multiplayer....... except that in the end it turns out that I didn't.

I fired up Bsim and found that the only scheduled rides showing were for LEJOG. In fact I had Stages 3 to 6 showing twice, taking up all 8 of the Scheduled Ride slots.

I went back to the website, where all my scheduled rides were showing correctly, although the LEJOG ones were duplicated there as well.

As I was out in the garage and ready to go, I wanted to get things going without digging around on the forum to see what the way to fix this problem might be. I thought somebody had said that if you added the ride to favourites it should work. So, that's what I did. The ride showed up in BSim and I rode it. But when I finished, it hadn't registered as a league ride.

What's the correct thing to do when this happens? How do you get a scheduled ride that shows up on the website to run as a league ride in BSim when it doesn't show as a scheduled ride in BSim.

Needless to say it was a tough stage. I did a goodish time which now doesn't count, so I was pretty pissed off at the end.

I've got to say I like Bkool, but stuff like this seems to really let it down.

League rides will only appear in two places, the Leagues Tab and the Live tab and the latter only if someone has already launched a session.
This is the trouble with running in multiple leagues when in many of them multiple sesssions are open at the same time.
Best way to try and get it into the first 8 is to challenge someone from the league table and when you do this your scheduled sessions will automatically open.
Go find the ride and edit it by clicking on the pencil and then changing the date to today.
There is no guarantee that this will put it in your top 8 league sessions if there are a load of open sessions from other leagues that started prior to today.
This is the reason why I have abondoned the Liga Multiplayer.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Tension in the house tonight because Tabby has not come home.:cry:

She's a little bit bigger than the below (3.5kg now) but of the pair she is my cat

cat1.jpg

JJRobinson

I would be last in every race, but if you can't get 5 names i will make up the numbers. There are a couple of new guys around now who might be good for this - Keith and Aleman are both lighting up the leagues

Hi all! Haven’t tried anything like this before but up for giving it a go. Obviously if you get 5 stronger riders just go with them but if not I would be happy to join in.

Cheers
James

Daddy Pig

Veteran

I would love to be part of the team but I will be so far behind the rest it's better someone stronger has a go... I'm still only about 70% and unlikely to get much fitness back over Xmas :mrpig:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi all! Haven’t tried anything like this before but up for giving it a go. Obviously if you get 5 stronger riders just go with them but if not I would be happy to join in.

Cheers
James

:welcome:
You was really strong on the summer cup. Join the cycle chat chain gang league as I'm assuming this might be how we identify the 5 strongest riders. You'll get some good info on how painful / fun! It was for the guys who rode it last year. Lots of spectators too cheering the guys on.

Del C

Veteran
League rides will only appear in two places, the Leagues Tab and the Live tab and the latter only if someone has already launched a session.
This is the trouble with running in multiple leagues when in many of them multiple sesssions are open at the same time.
Best way to try and get it into the first 8 is to challenge someone from the league table and when you do this your scheduled sessions will automatically open.
Go find the ride and edit it by clicking on the pencil and then changing the date to today.
There is no guarantee that this will put it in your top 8 league sessions if there are a load of open sessions from other leagues that started prior to today.
This is the reason why I have abondoned the Liga Multiplayer.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try the challenge option next time. My immediate thought was to abandon the Liga Multiplayer as you have. I think I may be the only Cycle Chat rider left in Liga Multiplayer now. Shame, because there were some nice, tough stages there.

Top Bottom