Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Re: new trainer purchasing, it's worth noting that if you shop at Tesco and collect clubcard points, from June I think you'll be able to spend them at Evans Cycles for three times face value (currently two times value)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
On noise alone the Tacx Neo is the purchase to make for when you train indoors, it really is that quiet. Saying something from a Kickr owner. What was nice about going back on my Kickr on Saturday, how much quieter it is than the Bkool Pro. Hearing damage compensation for those who constantly use the bkool Pro
Certainly my wife likes the fact the Kickr is so much quieter than the Pro ... although the screaming and shouting abuse from the fat bloke doing the race has remained constant :whistle:

BILL S

Guru
:laugh:

tyres? have you not spent a fortune on different tyres?:tongue:

Yeah but I now have a collection of about 10 tyres which are all good for the road so I'll never have to buy another road tyre. Only last week I had a puncture on the way home from work and it was a chunk of glass had got embedded. No problem for me as I just went to my tyre collection and picked out a hardly worn ex-turbo tyre, a new tube and I was back up and running in no time.
If that happened to you, you'd be gluing bits of inner tube to patch the inside of your holed tyre just to get to work the next day :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah but I now have a collection of about 10 tyres which are all good for the road so I'll never have to buy another road tyre. Only last week I had a puncture on the way home from work and it was a chunk of glass had got embedded. No problem for me as I just went to my tyre collection and picked out a hardly worn ex-turbo tyre, a new tube and I was back up and running in no time.
If that happened to you, you'd be gluing bits of inner tube to patch the inside of your holed tyre just to get to work the next day :tongue:

:biggrin:

I run tubeless so punctures much less of a worry;)

Good to hear you are out on your bike. Does that mean Tommy and I could join you sometime for some fast laps of Richmond park?

BILL S

Guru
:biggrin:

I run tubeless so punctures much less of a worry;)

Good to hear you are out on your bike. Does that mean Tommy and I could join you sometime for some fast laps of Richmond park?

Been using the bike for work for about 3 months now and slowly recovering. I reckon I'd be fairly ok in Richmond Park and would just have to take it a little easy on the fast downhill corner. So yes, it'd be great to meet up with you chaps sometime for some fast laps.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Stage 3.

39:30.

Legitimate.

Well apart from the fact I was hanging on to bill’s wheel for dear life!
Well done mate! Nothing wrong with hanging on to someone else's wheel (thanks Andy!)

I popped in to spectate for the last couple of minutes and could immediately see the watts you were doing were much more realistic (Bkool realistic obviously!) than the 600+ watts you were hitting and holding on previous rides. Still a top 4 time (so far!) :thumbsup:

P.S. That was some HR you had at the end there - 184bpm I think I saw, which was painful just to look at!

Last edited:
Top Bottom