Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Yeah when are you two going to do stage 2 @CXRAndy and @TurboTommy ? I think you should do it together and let us know when so we can watch :popcorn:
We also need to get @peterob and @JJRobinson to do stage 3 .... The more the merrier as it puts me further into the safe zone :biggrin:

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah when are you two going to do stage 2 @CXRAndy and @TurboTommy ? I think you should do it together and let us know when so we can watch :popcorn:

I'm hoping to do stage 2 tomorrow either 9 ish or nearer to lunchtime. I've got to deal with some tradesmen, once sorted I'll know what I'm doing then.. didn't Tommy save his ride? I was going to use his and hopefully see everyone else so I could gauge, ahem draft my effort :smile:

Could someone post his NC 2 ride link so I can challenge it please

BILL S

Guru
Who ever makes the team, isn't there going to be a substitute bench?

For illness, injury or

Fear, run cycle away mode:laugh:

Well I don't know about you guys but I'm racing to get onto the substitute bench. Of course, never in the history of bkool NC racing has any substitute ever had to go out on track during the main event, but as @keithaitch says its a very coveted and honourable spot to attain.
When does the qualifying for the actual race begin ? :huh:

BILL S

Guru
Yes, I'd be worrying too. I could be bribed to redo stage 3 to try to get you out of 5th place. But I think you'll be OK anyway and get the coverted, honorable 6th spot, which allows for a beer and Peanuts ncN

I'm definitely open to a bit of bribery when needs arise :smile:. However I just had another look at the spreadsheet and there's definitely some hope there. And that's even before @Daddy Pig gets going. :bicycle::mrpig:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well done mate! Nothing wrong with hanging on to someone else's wheel (thanks Andy!)

I popped in to spectate for the last couple of minutes and could immediately see the watts you were doing were much more realistic (Bkool realistic obviously!) than the 600+ watts you were hitting and holding on previous rides. Still a top 4 time (so far!) :thumbsup:

P.S. That was some HR you had at the end there - 184bpm I think I saw, which was painful just to look at!

Thanks mate

Yeah the heart rates high for me! I’ve got a cold so I was struggling a bit. I'm glad just to put up a time really. Found that pretty tough being so flat.

I didn’t know what time I needed so I was just hanging on to Bill knowing he’d have put up a good time. When I saw you join I felt obliged to try and stay ahead of your ghost, even though I knew it was your ‘slower’ ghost, so that helped too. Just the childish kind of guy I am... ^_^

There was a moment around the final third where I started cranking up the watts to 500, then 550+ and I thought “oh great, here comes the fairy dust...” but then the legs started to go “ :surrender:“ and it was a big relief really when I had to reign it in.

I’m going to try and do stages 1 and 3 back to back on Saturday. Then stage 4 on Sunday hopefully.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tommy, I've entered your time, just waiting for your stage 2 result.

I’ll do it again over the weekend bud

IMG_4359.PNG
I think Bill means stage 4 of the qualifying league which is a long one with a very nasty steep climb towards the end. We did it in the chaingang league a couple of years ago and times ranged from an hour and 4 minutes to an hour and 42! Look how many of us there were back then! - http://www.bkool.com/classification/showIndividualStageClassification/4876
The only important part.

Beat Berty Bassett!??

Last edited:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I'm definitely open to a bit of bribery when needs arise :smile:. However I just had another look at the spreadsheet and there's definitely some hope there. And that's even before @Daddy Pig gets going. :bicycle::mrpig:
I'm likely having to take some time out unfortunately...
Who says you don't get injuries cycling on a turbo!
Currently back on the morphine! See what docs say on Friday if things don't go snap beforehand!

Top Bottom