Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Ideally I’d like to do stage one again too Keith.

Regarding your turbo noise. I found the best solution was putting anti vibration mat designed for tumble dryers on the floor. Then I put a thin sheet of ‘kingspan’ on top of them. And sat the turbo and bike on top of that.
I'm slightly lower tech than that, towel and plastic place mat!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
The thing is that for the people who fork out £1,100 on this, then realise they can't compete on bkool on it, will they all hard off to zwiftland as well?

Bkool need to just bite the bullet and sort out the power issues and the base programming which allows these silly anomalies.

Edit. Evans cycles will stick it at the end of the month. Funny thing is the photo on the website promotes Zwift!

upload_2018-1-22_21-27-30.png
upload_2018-1-22_21-27-55.png

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Having tried both a NEO and V2 Kickr I would say there is not much in it now noise wise. The high pitched whine of the Kickr has gone. They ride pretty much the same too bar the built in sideways movement of the NEO.
Real problem with these is cost. I waited for Amazon to drop the price, as they do frequently, and was lucky and got the NEO for £830. Still v v spendy but sold the pro to make up some of the difference. Cancelled gym membership which made up much of the rest.
Don’t forget that Halfords will price match Amazon, offer an additional 10% off if you are lucky to BC members and offer IFC.

To be honest I can't heat my Pro when I'm training.
I can hear my chest, heart, legs and tinnitus though.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@CXRAndy when you're on BKool on the kickr, do you get cadence numbers? I'm getting nothing coming through on cadence on Bkool, but I am getting numbers on Zwift. Any ideas?

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I did indeed. And I can't believe there were 29 of us that did it.

I think that was the one that my PC crashed on, twice, on the final descent when I was storming up to the top of the leader board.
Good thing then was you could get halfway up the climb with a big dig going into it and Pro Sling a few hundred meters up the hill.

As we are starting to draw to the close of the qualifying round could I propose that we allow the league to stay open until 31/1. This would give people time to do stages they haven't done, or repeat any stages they want to. It is also the day before next month's league would start.
At the moment ITHINK, the following times have not been recorded. If I'm wrong please let me know(nicely!)
Stage 2 : @TurboTommy @CXRAndy @Brusgaard @Daddy Pig @Randyberlin ....and a few more
Stage3 : @peterob @JJRobinson @Daddy Pig ...and a few more!
I haven't done stage 2 yet. But don't worry about me being in the top 5. Wrong residency. Pretty sure that's the only reason I'll not be on the team.
I have been in contact with Craig Harrison about a USA team and he's trying to find 5 fast riders who are willing to race in the middle of the night.

Top Bottom