Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I had a crack at ride Sunday evening but looking now “what’s happened to CG league” must have done another league.
I go away for a while and it’s all changed :wacko::laugh:
We're on a nations cup qualifier league this month. Using as trials for the nation's cup in Feb.

Whorty

Tis done (41:08), found that hard! Stuck with @TurboTommy and @BILL S (A) for first third, then I died for a bit (different league you two!)... Luckily @Whorty, @Aleman and @BILL S (B) came along so managed to recover a bit. Tried to break away with about 6 miles to go but was on own and easily caught again. Good going all - Thanks fellas!
I got the email of shame - thanks :notworthy:

Whorty

I had a letter off the docs waiting for me when I got home last night. Need to make an appointment to see the asthma nurse. Clearly they've heard I no longer use the pro trainer so they're going to get me some extra meds to compensate and improve my performance ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
Tis done (41:08), found that hard! Stuck with @TurboTommy and @BILL S (A) for first third, then I died for a bit (different league you two!)... Luckily @Whorty, @Aleman and @BILL S (B) came along so managed to recover a bit. Tried to break away with about 6 miles to go but was on own and easily caught again. Good going all - Thanks fellas!
Good time @JJRobinson ! I see that puts you in provisional third in the league, with @BILL S in 4th and @keithaitch in 5th, closely followed by @Aleman. But then we have @peterob , @TurboTommy and @CXRAndy who are all missing one stage but have cracking times for the stages they have done......:hyper:

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys ,

Just to wrap up the investigative into rouvy as a bkool alternative.
The feeling of those who tried it is that it is a comparable or even better platform for training, but the lack drafting and on screen representation of other cyclists mean mean it would not meet our needs for races.
If bkool goes tits up, I, being more concerned with training would switch to rouvy rather than bigringvr.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Good time JJ! If you can drop off the back at halfway, and still lose so little time overall, it won’t be long until you’re right there until the end.

bridgy

Legendary Member
That's the plan, provisional Handicaps were posted last Tuesday night, after the race. Do you have a time for Stouby-Sejet? Or someone you think you could start alongside for an initial run?

Anyone else planning on joining in that didn't have a handicap last week?

View attachment 392399

Geoff
Just a reminder for the handicap race tonight that I'm going to be starting by joining some time during the warmup, and then staying on the line (i.e not stopping pedaling) until my start time, and I'd encourage anyone in contention for the Nations Cup team in particular to do the same, as this is how the last stage will be started and it will be good to have a practice run :okay:

Handicap times in Geoff's post I've replied to above

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I usually shift to my old Bkool pro when riding in BSim, which reads 15-25 watts too high, but given that this is a handicap race I won't bother, and keep my newer Bkool pro which is about 10 watts down. I would expect to be able to hold 280 real watts for that duration, so that will be 270 watt for the the stage.
I can't see the watts of riders who finished the stage in the league rankings, but I'm guessing 5 or 6 minutes handicap would be realistic?

A handicap of 5 mins 14 seconds gives a start time of 9:15, alongside Aleman, which seems about right for a Pro 5 rider?

Is that OK for an initial run, it will adjust for subsequent runs?

Geoff

Just a reminder for the handicap race tonight that I'm going to be starting by joining some time during the warmup, and then staying on the line (i.e not stopping pedaling) until my start time, and I'd encourage anyone in contention for the Nations Cup team in particular to do the same, as this is how the last stage will be started and it will be good to have a practice run :okay:

What time is it starting?

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Anyone else planning to join the Handicap tonight and needing an initial handicap?

392399.png

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
If we can get a good showing in the Handicap Chase tonight, we should be able to look at a Team Time Trial in the near future, which sounds like it could be good training for the last stage of the Nations Cup.

So you could consider tonight's chase as Team qualifying... ^_^

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
What time is it starting?

We try to start the warm up at 6:50 so start is 7:00:00 plus your allotted start time, to make starts accurate (best to use a digital watch, rather than rely on bkool's clock, which is a bit sloppy).

What is your fitness level on bkool? Anyone you normally ride alongside, so we can start you at the same time for an initial handicap?

@BILL S hope you are OK to start tonight again, as close to 6:50 as you can manage.

I presume the password will be chase

Geoff

Top Bottom