Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I'm slightly lower tech than that, towel and plastic place mat!

I find that if you lift your back wheel off of the roller thing it is mighty quiet.
Other than that I just use a folded piece of Yoga mat and some bad hearing.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I haven't done stage 2 yet. But don't worry about me being in the top 5. Wrong residency. Pretty sure that's the only reason I'll not be on the team.
I have been in contact with Craig Harrison about a USA team and he's trying to find 5 fast riders who are willing to race in the middle of the night.

Won't that interfere with their nightly blood transfusions.
They should stick to asthma meds, it's pretty much undetectable. NOT!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Won't that interfere with their nightly blood transfusions.
They should stick to asthma meds, it's pretty much undetectable. NOT!
It depends how many puffs you take :whistle::rolleyes:

Edit : someone was saying to me the other day, not sure if true or not, but to get Froome's test result he needs to be taking around 20 puffs a day! I take 2-4 max, and only then if I'm having a very bad riding day or when the weather is really cold. Most riding days I take none at all. 20 seems a lot.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
...and my downstairs neighbours patience!
I'm on a solid concrete floor under the carpet. I got a sheet of 1inch MDF and put a trainer mat on top of it. This was to protect the carpet from sweat. It also isolates the vibrations of the wheel a bit. My trainer is fairly quiet, the wheel not so much. I get more noise from the fans I'm running compared to the trainer.

CXRAndy

Guru
@CXRAndy when you're on BKool on the kickr, do you get cadence numbers? I'm getting nothing coming through on cadence on Bkool, but I am getting numbers on Zwift. Any ideas?

The Kickr doesn't have a cadence output. I've always run a magnet cadence sensor. I can think Zwift is reading the power pulses generated by the press down on pedals and giving a cadence reading.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The Kickr doesn't have a cadence output. I've always run a magnet cadence sensor. I can think Zwift is reading the power pulses generated by the press down on pedals and giving a cadence reading.
Makes sense. Thanks. Bkool cadence was always out anyway but just confused. Not any more :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Makes sense. Thanks. Bkool cadence was always out anyway but just confused. Not any more :okay:
I'm using both garimn and wahoo magnetless sensors on various bikes. Both are near enough identical in performance garmin is only ant+, wahoo is dual ant+/ble if you need that facility.

Buy whatever you can get cheapest.

JJRobinson

We also need to get @peterob and @JJRobinson to do stage 3 .... The more the merrier as it puts me further into the safe zone :biggrin:
Tis done (41:08), found that hard! Stuck with @TurboTommy and @BILL S (A) for first third, then I died for a bit (different league you two!)... Luckily @Whorty, @Aleman and @BILL S (B) came along so managed to recover a bit. Tried to break away with about 6 miles to go but was on own and easily caught again. Good going all - Thanks fellas!

Top Bottom