Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Bkool 20 watt less than powermeter during warmup. Hope things will change:ohmy:

keithaitch

Veteran
Sweated blood tonight

Attachments

• IMG_20180206_204216.jpg
    IMG_20180206_204216.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 33

keithaitch

Veteran
Well done Keith. You pushed me really hard tonight.
yes, for once I felt i did my fair share of the pulling, but i think we have worked better together in the past, a few too many gaps, mine wasn't helped by my nose bleed! but i see a pattern emerging, you can always pull away at the end, i need to follow my own advice and try and save something for the last 2 kms

BILL S

Guru
yes, for once I felt i did my fair share of the pulling, but i think we have worked better together in the past, a few too many gaps, mine wasn't helped by my nose bleed! but i see a pattern emerging, you can always pull away at the end, i need to follow my own advice and try and save something for the last 2 kms
You totally did your share Keith. Indeed nose bleeds don't help and I've had one or two over the years. I think this pulling away at the end that I seem to be doing could have a little to do with about 3 years of this type of racing with these guys. I thought we worked better together today and although we had longish spells of not being in the draft, we also spent a long time drafting too.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Now uploaded my power data to Golden Cheetah and it looks om par with Bkool. Only trouble is that a lot of those avg. power watts in Bkool came from massively exaggerated watts on downhill where they really don't do much good.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Apart from a brief period with Lars and Per, I was solo TT'ing it again, and I suspect that yet again I've managed to increase my handicap :cry: I thought it was a good race from what I could see, there was some great teamwork among the groups OTR
I was really getting a slap in the face on that second hill. I could almost touch Per's wheel when we hit the slope. I was pushing 340-350 real Watts up that hill, but Bkool was stuck on 280 :cry:

perswe

Über Member
I was really getting a slap in the face on that second hill. I could almost touch Per's wheel when we hit the slope. I was pushing 340-350 real Watts up that hill, but Bkool was stuck on 280 :cry:

I thought you were playing mind games on me when you kept the same distance from start to about half the race. I wasn't sure if I should ease up more or just keep a steady pace (not wanting @Add to soar away). So, I felt, "well two can play that mind game". As it turned out, I could not. I could keep the pace, but that was about it...so although I could hold Aleman's wheel some minutes (and even help out a little) I was out of power (and perhaps out of power of will as well). So I decided to cool down a bit and leave something for the last 2 kms instead. But I forgot to sprint and instead of going with Bill as he past me I waited and woke up to sprint far too late to catch him. In all, poor tactics and mentally not 'in it', but ok anyway. Thanks guys for a good race!

Del C

Veteran
Well that was good for me tonight.

2 minutes off my PB and 5 minutes faster than my first ride on the route.

Nearly got to work with @bert1971 and Martyn when I caught them but I was in a bit of a TT haze tonight so just tried to keep the power going.

Expected to die on the last short climb, as I have done every time so far, but seemed to keep on going tonight and I've finally experienced the joy of crossing the line first! :hyper:

Expecting to pay for that when the next handicaps come out!

Well that was good for me tonight.

2 minutes off my PB and 5 minutes faster than my first ride on the route.

Nearly got to work with @bert1971 and Martyn when I caught them but I was in a bit of a TT haze tonight so just tried to keep the power going.

Expected to die on the last short climb, as I have done every time so far, but seemed to keep on going tonight and I've finally experienced the joy of crossing the line first! :hyper:

Expecting to pay for that when the next handicaps come out!
I was going to try to hang on to you But you was just too strong. Then was in 2 minds to wait a bit for Martyn or keep pushing. Haven’t checked my last time but feel I will be punished next week

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I had two goals tonight....hold off Aleman and catch Martyn.....the catching Martyn nearly killed me. I was trying to give you a tow for a bit Robo, but you kept leapfrogging me...so I though f**k it, and took off after whoever was next, sorry mate!

Would be nice to find a similar ability rider to do a bit of towing with....but I'm sorta mid field at the moment.

Top Bottom