Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
whorty 2 different trainers the neo and kickr but very similar time difference from the pro
That's because they both have power meters I suppose, so speed is based on accurate watts. Unlike the pro where watts are based on speed - which is too high because the resistance applied by the trainer is usually too low. Bkool could -at least partly - resolve this if they really wanted I'm sure, because the resistance applied on zwift is much higher so watts much more realistic (although still too high overall).

bridgy

Legendary Member
USA are out of the Nations Cup unfortunately - haven't managed to get a team of 5 together.

Also Bkool have again failed to get team kits done, so we're currently trying to decide which of the bkool standard kits we're going to use for our team....

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
USA are out of the Nations Cup unfortunately - haven't managed to get a team of 5 together.

Also Bkool have again failed to get team kits done, so we're currently trying to decide which of the bkool standard kits we're going to use for our team....

That’s a shame about the US. I’m not sure I’d fancy cycling in the middle of the night though to be fair...

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm imaging a huge sigh of relief from you guys that the UK team wouldn't be facing Randy Berlin and team USA.
A real shame - genuinely . But the time difference is a real problem. I wouldn't want to do it at the time you would have to - and apart from the inconvenience of having to ride in the early hours of the morning, I'm pretty sure the noise of the trainer, and of me trying to chat to my teammates on my Bluetooth headphones at that time would make me pretty unpopular with the rest of the family!

simonsch

Andy said it well a couple of weeks ago. He said it was something to do with the way power meters judge power compared to the BKOOL pro. He said it better than me... but it makes sense to me because when I was on the atom on BKOOL it felt like I either shot past people or got dropped.

I've found the same on my BKool classic - I can't manage to work with people, I either shoot past them or get dropped. I think there is just too much latency in the whole system, so that I am responding to things that happened a little while ago etc - to get it to work you would really have to match speed precisely. Could be that when I put brakes back on that bike it will improve things a bit (thinking that in the real world I would occasionally feather the brakes to stay on someone's wheel - but to be honest you don't have to do it that much, so I think its more than that).

BILL S

Guru
Tonights Chaingang race is called "Two-A-Breast" (cant think why) :whistle:
7pm warm up. 7:10 start
This is also stage 2 of the Nations Cup so a good chance for our guys to get a feel for the ride. I suggest as a warm up, the Nations Cup guys first do last weeks ride flat out and have a 5 or 10 minute break before joining the rest of us on the start line. :notworthy:

bridgy

Legendary Member
This is also stage 2 of the Nations Cup so a good chance for our guys to get a feel for the ride. I suggest as a warm up, the Nations Cup guys first do last weeks ride flat out and have a 5 or 10 minute break before joining the rest of us on the start line. :notworthy:
I'll be doing exactly that if I'm able to get onto the bike in time!

peterob

Veteran

That's a good idea! We could do stage 1 at 6:10pm followed by stage 2 with you guys (and so mimic the NC).

I'm sure it won't seem such a good idea at 6:05pm.

Del C

Veteran
Won't be there tonight as I'm off out to a bar in town to play my ukulele with some other ukesters!

I'll try and watch the early stages of tonight's race......... and I'm hoping to join the re-run on Saturday!!

keithaitch

Veteran
i think if it goes well tonight the NC team having to do a race before the race should become a standard feature, they are all way too good anyway!

Top Bottom