Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Thanks for the messages Bill! And for the tows Bridgy :okay:

I seemed to be loosing watts badly again whenever the road went uphill - let's see how it goes for the hilly stage! :ohmy:

peterob

Veteran
@bridgy & @peterob . So glad you are on the NC team. I don't even think I could finish those two rides back to back. :notworthy:

Strong riding tonight @keithaitch & @perswe . I just couldn't keep up.

Ha - I was going to invite you and @keithaitch to take my place on the team after smashing me on that ride :tongue:. I don't know how much the first ride took out of me.

Kudos to you @bridgy - very impressive time after doing stage 1.

Thanks @Brusgaard for the tow at the end there - I needed that! :okay:

peterob

Veteran
Ha - I was going to invite you and @keithaitch to take my place on the team after smashing me on that ride :tongue:. I don't know how much the first ride took out of me.

Kudos to you @bridgy - very impressive time after doing stage 1.

Thanks @Brusgaard for the tow at the end there - I needed that! :okay:

I'm at least glad that I know I'll be able to at least make the start of the Team TT on time in the NC!

(Although I don't know how I'm going to fare having to do another 25 odd miles after that! :wacko:)

keithaitch

Veteran
@bridgy & @peterob . So glad you are on the NC team. I don't even think I could finish those two rides back to back. :notworthy:

Thx bill I felt good tonight, not good enough to catch @perswe on the final climb and by half way up I realised i had to settle for putting as much time into you as I could. I also held something back on the first climb, so that i got a bit of a tow from you and then had something left for the final climb....perhaps I'm learning

Merida reacto 4000

That was a hard ride on my stupid gearing (36/23) just couldn’t make it up that first hill

Who ever made that route Is evil haha

perswe

Über Member

I thought @keithaitch and you Bill were going to start reeling me in on the second climb but hoped that you'd have no real draft advantage on this course. So everytime it started to creep down to 30 sec, I put in another gear to pull away 10 sec more and hoped that I would last all the way in. Had it gone down to 20sec the psychology of it would have worn me down I think.

Well, I seem to be doing better on Thursdays than Tuesdays for some reason. It's that bloody Stouby-sejet...I can't seem to get that one right. It kills me every time.

Amazing ride by @bridgy ! I wish I could do that...after that. The gap up is so big...

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks guys - I was pleased with how good I felt in that second ride - I hope I wasn't just getting flattered by bkool! Got a twinge of cramp on the second hill and had to back off a bit which shows it's good to do the back to back rides to get my legs used to it!

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Thanks guys - I was pleased with how good I felt in that second ride - I hope I wasn't just getting flattered by bkool! Got a twinge of cramp on the second hill and had to back off a bit which shows it's good to do the back to back rides to get my legs used to it!

Great ride Paul!

I woke up at 3.23AM today, almost screaming from cramps in my left calf, and slept really bad the next 3 hours before going to work. Did a sort of restitution race yesterday, ie. nothing too hard, but forgot to drink enough after the race, which was probably the reason.

So to all of you doing the NC on your bike , REMEMBER to drink enough, and not just water. Use some energydrink with electrolytes and maybe even a salty snack or two.

Didn’t feel the cramp too much during the BWC race tonight or in the CG race later on, but found it best not to take any chances. So I dropped back for Peterob, and tried to help him a bit. Saturday he is on his own though. :boxing:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Great ride Paul!

I woke up at 3.23AM today, almost screaming from cramps in my left calf, and slept really bad the next 3 hours before going to work. Did a sort of restitution race yesterday, ie. nothing too hard, but forgot to drink enough after the race, which was probably the reason.

So to all of you doing the NC on your bike , REMEMBER to drink enough, and not just water. Use some energydrink with electrolytes and maybe even a salty snack or two.

Didn’t feel the cramp too much during the BWC race tonight or in the CG race later on, but found it best not to take any chances. So I dropped back for Peterob, and tried to help him a bit. Saturday he is on his own though. :boxing:
That's good advice Brusgaard - particularly important when you're pushing yourself harder/longer than normal

Brusgaard

Über Guru
That's good advice Brusgaard - particularly important when you're pushing yourself harder/longer than normal

Lets make a deal. Every time I say “cheers” in the commentary for the NC race, you take a sip of your drink. I will be drinking beer though, so into the 3rd hour, I might forget to say it. :-) This will of course require you to watch/listen to livestream while riding. :-)

Top Bottom