Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Anyone else get masses of friction coming off the line there? I fear bkool has now built that in to the start. What a horrible feeling it was :sad:

It was an evening of dead stops for me.
It's got worse.
In the CG I stuck my head down as normal and went for it, looked up and I was pretty much stationary.
In the WC before I was even dead stopping coming off of climbs. It was getting hard to ride with @peterob because it looked like were dead stopping out of sync and yoyoying past each other.
Took me a while to remember the best way to combat them i.e. don't fight them, ease of and wait till you can feel it letting go put a dig in and your shoot off like a pro-sling. When you can see yourself approaching a potential dead stop sprint into the transition and back off totally before you hit it.
Good to see that the update comment was minor fixes.
Minor fixes alright, my trainer etc linked automatically, but some major fek ups as well by the looks of it.
Added to that my dust ration seams to be permanent so now I don't feel like I am racing folk.

The Dark Side looks more promising by the day!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Good ride tonight by the way @bridgy.
Good to see you and @peterob stuffed me by tow seconds.
There was me thinking we cross the line pretty much as a team.
Average watts wise you and @peterob were 20 BK watts apart and I was 50/70 BK watts up on you both just to loose by 2 seconds ):

bridgy

Legendary Member
Average watts wise you and @peterob were 20 BK watts apart and I was 50/70 BK watts up on you both just to loose by 2 seconds ):
Yeah that's weird because a) Pete definitely went over the line ahead of me, and b) the screen showed all three of us with the same time straight after we finished (and showed Pete in 1st). And yet the league stage results have put me first, with the same time as Pete, and you 2 seconds back as you say!

With regards the watts - maybe you did a bit more on the front? I definitely did the least which is reflected in my watts being lowest. Sorry about that - I was hanging on for dear life for sections and then recovering so I tried to do as much as I could on front but that was all I had.

peterob

Veteran
It was an evening of dead stops for me.
It's got worse.
In the CG I stuck my head down as normal and went for it, looked up and I was pretty much stationary.
In the WC before I was even dead stopping coming off of climbs. It was getting hard to ride with @peterob because it looked like were dead stopping out of sync and yoyoying past each other.
Took me a while to remember the best way to combat them i.e. don't fight them, ease of and wait till you can feel it letting go put a dig in and your shoot off like a pro-sling. When you can see yourself approaching a potential dead stop sprint into the transition and back off totally before you hit it.
Good to see that the update comment was minor fixes.
Minor fixes alright, my trainer etc linked automatically, but some major fek ups as well by the looks of it.
Added to that my dust ration seams to be permanent so now I don't feel like I am racing folk.

The Dark Side looks more promising by the day!
I've only experienced dead stops recently but like you AAAC, I had loads in the WC race - it was ridiculous how we were yoyoing around each other! I also had a couple of situations where I hit quicksand straight after a deadstop and could only produce ~30W - there was no sign of these periods easing off so I had to get off the bike and reset the turbo. I didn't get any dead stops in the CG (but it was essentailly flat the whole way) and didn't have the starting issue that others have spoken of.

peterob

Veteran
Watts for me have been all over the place recently. Sometimes I average over 500W (on one occasion 550W, hence my current Elite 10 status!) but on a similar course the next day I'm back at 350W. Even during a race I sometimes find my watts drop/rise for prolonged periods without obviously affecting the speed :wacko:

peterob

Veteran
Yeah that's weird because a) Pete definitely went over the line ahead of me, and b) the screen showed all three of us with the same time straight after we finished (and showed Pete in 1st). And yet the league stage results have put me first, with the same time as Pete, and you 2 seconds back as you say!

With regards the watts - maybe you did a bit more on the front? I definitely did the least which is reflected in my watts being lowest. Sorry about that - I was hanging on for dear life for sections and then recovering so I tried to do as much as I could on front but that was all I had.
My watts actually look pretty (Bkool) sensible for the CG ride - they are a bit higher in the first half where I was spending more time on the front (rather than drafting AAAC like the 2nd half) and like you say Bridgy, the 20W higher than you could be that I spent a bit longer on the front.

BILL S

Guru
I didn't experience that. Have you and Bert done the update? (I've not done it yet)
Hopefully find out for sure on Saturday. My power looks suspiciously low at the start. Similar looking for Bert, and yes I have done the update and I think Bert has too. Doesn't look the same as Brusgaard's power though and I assume he has also done the update, so who knows.

Hopefully find out for sure on Saturday. My power looks suspiciously low at the start. Similar looking for Bert, and yes I have done the update and I think Bert has too. Doesn't look the same as Brusgaard's power though and I assume he has also done the update, so who knows.
i have done the update :okay:

the resistance caught me right off guard I nearly fell off :eek:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
My power looks suspiciously low at the start. Similar looking for Bert, and yes I have done the update and I think Bert has too. Doesn't look the same as Brusgaard's power though and I assume he has also done the update, so who knows.

I think you drafted me more at the start, which could be the reason. The last half of the race I drafted you, so your watts would be higher, even if you had to wait for me now and then... :okay: You can watch the recording on YT and maybe get a better picture.

BILL S

Guru
I think you drafted me more at the start, which could be the reason. The last half of the race I drafted you, so your watts would be higher, even if you had to wait for me now and then... :okay: You can watch the recording on YT and maybe get a better picture.

This is probably the case but the power (or lack of) that I was referring to is right at the start where I would usually spike to around 6 or 700watts. Yesterday I think I only reached 350 or 400 watts so i'm wondering if the usual start fairy dust has been removed in that latest update. Unfortunately if it has it probably hasn't been done the same for everyone knowing bkool.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Brusgaard and anyone else with a line of contact with bkool; isn’t the answer to much of the continuing issues allowing users to calibrate their Pro’s etc? Or an App that allows it? Might that not bring some consistency between pro users?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
This is probably the case but the power (or lack of) that I was referring to is right at the start where I would usually spike to around 6 or 700watts. Yesterday I think I only reached 350 or 400 watts so i'm wondering if the usual start fairy dust has been removed in that latest update. Unfortunately if it has it probably hasn't been done the same for everyone knowing bkool.

The start was not normal with an instant 11,6% incline. Normally we can spin like crazy, before the resistance kicks in, but the dead stop ruined that. I maxed at 737W trying to catch the 3 guys in front, which were clearly not hit by the dead stop.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkx9lM_wyB8&t=65

BILL S

Guru
Thanks for posting the vid Brusgaard. It clearly shows something like a dead stop at the start where you and I get totally caught by it but the three in front don't. Unlike my display yesterday, your vid shows that the "Team cyclechat" in most of our names is changed to "Cyclechat". On my display yesterday it only showed my name as changed to "Cyclechat". Also, your vid shows me still having a green hat but my display showed a blue hat. So still some issues obviously but at least I now have some hope that it was an obscure dead stop that ruined the start yesterday and not bkool that have ruined the start.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thanks for posting the vid Brusgaard. It clearly shows something like a dead stop at the start where you and I get totally caught by it but the three in front don't. Unlike my display yesterday, your vid shows that the "Team cyclechat" in most of our names is changed to "Cyclechat". On my display yesterday it only showed my name as changed to "Cyclechat". Also, your vid shows me still having a green hat but my display showed a blue hat. So still some issues obviously but at least I now have some hope that it was an obscure dead stop that ruined the start yesterday and not bkool that have ruined the start.

If you see the video from the start, you are listed as Pro 7 under CYCLISTS, hence your green outfit.

Top Bottom