Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Brusgaard and anyone else with a line of contact with bkool; isn’t the answer to much of the continuing issues allowing users to calibrate their Pro’s etc? Or an App that allows it? Might that not bring some consistency between pro users?

calibration against Watt/What? There is no defined reference. Unless you supply a power meter

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thanks for posting the vid Brusgaard. It clearly shows something like a dead stop at the start where you and I get totally caught by it but the three in front don't.

I was pretty sure the dead stops were weight related, but you are 6 kg lighter than me, and @AAAC 76C 3 kg lighter. So I guess it is more or less random who gets hit as long as you ride a Pro with firmware above 3.02?

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHi...heat=1&category=ChainGang&sessionIds=12115930

peterob

Veteran
I was pretty sure the dead stops were weight related, but you are 6 kg lighter than me, and @AAAC 76C 3 kg lighter. So I guess it is more or less random who gets hit as long as you ride a Pro with firmware above 3.02?

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHi...heat=1&category=ChainGang&sessionIds=12115930
How do you get to that summary screen @Brusgaard, I've not seen that before? And how do they work out the effort stat? - it's making me look lazy! :blink:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
How do you get to that summary screen @Brusgaard, I've not seen that before? And how do they work out the effort stat? - it's making me look lazy! :blink:

Just use the URL posted and edit the SessionId to the one from your race. You’ll find the SessionId, if you hover the COPY button on the Activity details page. You can combine more results from the same route (even regardless of the day ridden) by adding more ids separated by ”;”.

I don’t know how they calculate it, but I guess they use each riders numbers, and that is why it takes a long time to show, if the race(s) have 100+ riders.

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
Just use the URL posted and edit the SessionId to the one from your race. You’ll find the SessionId, if you hover the COPY button on the Activity details page. You can combine more results from the same route (even regardless of the day ridden) by adding more ids separated by ”;”.

I don’t know how they calculate it, but I guess they use each riders numbers, and that is why it takes a long time to show, if the race(s) have 100+ riders.
Thanks - I'll have a look after future rides :rolleyes:

peterob

Veteran

It looks like the effort stat is the percentage of your watts against your previous best (ftp calculated) watts.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It looks like the effort stat is the percentage of your watts against your previous best (ftp calculated) watts.

Yes, it is your effort compared to your current level, ie. Elite 10. The higher your level, the harder it is to reach 100, Especially if your level is achieved with fairy dust. ^_^

Top Bottom