Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
I've just ridden the last Bkool WC challenge. I meant to ride it easily and then come on here and ride properly.

Unfortunately, I encountered some fairy dust so it may well be the other way round now!

I'll start and see how it goes!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Handles (and outfits) are still stuck in a bkool time warp at the moment. Not ghost ones though for some reason.:huh:
i might try a lazy ftp to see if it bumps it

AAAC 76C

Large Member
thanks pete

31 01 was my target not 29
i should have told you that the quick guy beat pep
when u started chasing him i though fek
you obviously have more raw strength than me and i popped
i got a nagging spot on my left buttock that was distracting me from 3/4 in
need to sort it so i can finish the wc

4 to go

11 and or 14 tomorrow
i recce,d 11 earlier
tough

peterob

Veteran
thanks pete

31 01 was my target not 29
i should have told you that the quick guy beat pep
when u started chasing him i though fek
you obviously have more raw strength than me and i popped
i got a nagging spot on my left buttock that was distracting me from 3/4 in
need to sort it so i can finish the wc

4 to go

11 and or 14 tomorrow
i recce,d 11 earlier
tough
I expected you to drop me on that climb at the end, which you did. But I managed to get back up to you as it flattened out near the top. Then it was a case of all out for the final 1.5km.

I've just taken a look back at stage 11. It's basically an ftp test - a slight incline all the way which should take about 15 mins. One for the power guys - I see Jacob averaged 638W :eek:

perswe

Über Member
That wasn't too bad. Thanks for the tow @bert1971 . Excellent effort! I was able to (almost) share the weight close to two thirds in it but then I had to just hang on to you for dear life :notworthy:. I think you thought I was waiting to jump you at the end with my trademark (well..) sprint, but I was actually only counting my seconds to be dropped...and hoping for a decline at the end just to make it to the finish. All in all, half the race I think we made a pretty good team. The latter half I think you made a good team, with me just shouting for you to slow down there right behind you. I think you didn't hear me..nor see my eyes popping out of my skull...:surrender:

Anyway, better than watching Outlander with my wife.
But still not better than drinking beer. But I think I do deserve one now.

peterob

Veteran
Ouch! Glad I wasn't there.
I was with your ghosts though. Well I was until you both decided to clear off with a rather early final sprint.

Good turnout too but no idea who was where with all the ghosts amongst us.
Good to hear there were plenty there. Hopefully we'll all be back together Thursday or next week once the Winter Cup is over :smile:

That wasn't too bad. Thanks for the tow @bert1971 . Excellent effort! I was able to (almost) share the weight close to two thirds in it but then I had to just hang on to you for dear life :notworthy:. I think you thought I was waiting to jump you at the end with my trademark (well..) sprint, but I was actually only counting my seconds to be dropped...and hoping for a decline at the end just to make it to the finish. All in all, half the race I think we made a pretty good team. The latter half I think you made a good team, with me just shouting for you to slow down there right behind you. I think you didn't hear me..nor see my eyes popping out of my skull...:surrender:

Anyway, better than watching Outlander with my wife.
But still not better than drinking beer. But I think I do deserve one now.
Well I glad you said that as I was thinking excactly the same thing.
Was a great ride. Thanks. You pushed me to my limit. :cheers: Rode well together :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I expected you to drop me on that climb at the end, which you did. But I managed to get back up to you as it flattened out near the top. Then it was a case of all out for the final 1.5km.

I've just taken a look back at stage 11. It's basically an ftp test - a slight incline all the way which should take about 15 mins. One for the power guys - I see Jacob averaged 638W :eek:

That was the irony of it.
I was setting a hard tempo on the final climb knowing we had a micro rest coming and was making sure I didn't loose you but when we hit 900 watts at the end I popped (check predictive text).

Tonight.png

But you were not doing 900 watts (you must have come off of my wheel!)

Tonight Pete.png

Del C

Veteran
Ouch! Glad I wasn't there.
I was with your ghosts though. Well I was until you both decided to clear off with a rather early final sprint.

Good turnout too but no idea who was where with all the ghosts amongst us.
I was back with the ghosts!

Fairly happy with that. Just kept it steady after riding the WC stage and finishing 10 minutes before the CG ride.

Should probably do more back to back stages to work on stamina.

Top Bottom