Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
TB the only advice ( it’s the internet after all :okay:) I would give is to mix it up. Not just endurance rides or zone 2 rides but sprints, over and unders, sweet spot etc. As you probably know the body seems to get used to one type of physical activity so gains diminish. And build in some rest.
Good luck mate.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
TB. My two Penoth worth Sir.

I was once very rotund, smoked 30 a day (work outside), I love my beer (as the title says) and have cycled close on 40 years now.

I love cycling, always have done, but due to the weight (and smokes) it has always been a painful, labouring experience. I enjoy my food and drink and having given up smoking, I was reluctant to give up absolutely everything. Like you putting on more weight was an issue .... so I hatched a cunning plan..

As others say, I had goals.. so improved times in past Sportives were a must. Second - hill climbing. I’ve always been rubbish at it. To improve I had to lose weight and increase cardio ability. Next was to lose weight. To do this was very difficult as I wasn’t going to give up any type of food I enjoyed nor, stop suppin. My biggest most baddest meal was always dinner so I would eat earlier, digest for approximately 90 minutes, then turbo the lot... mostly with you guys.. I was happy to go to bed a little peckish. I lost two stone in six month. Strangely enough my Sportive times improved and I can spin up Scottish hills of 20% without the need to have the emergency services on speed dial.

After all the years of hating hills, blaming the roads, the traffic... the bike... I’m now enjoying cycling more than ever. Stopping smoking and calorie deficit worked for me..

These days I hover around the 13 stone mark, eat pretty much what I like, drink what I like and pray for the rain to stop so I can get out on the bike.

Good luck Sir.

PS. HID Mrs B is very encouraging too. :smooch:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
TR is excellent platform. I've copied a few others and sometimes combine TR with Zwift. TR controls the Kickr whilst Zwift just sees the power you're making. It can help distract a little
Now I have a trainer that is a lot more stable/reliable/not bkool I'll probably give Trainer Road a go. I'll take a look once I'm fully up and running with the kickr.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
TB the only advice ( it’s the internet after all :okay:). And build in some rest.
Good luck mate.
That's part of the issue over the last 2 or so weeks, too much enforced rest :mrpig: xx(. I am changing it up with the amount I'm doing but the variation is not there at the moment. That will change :training:

TB. My two Penoth worth Sir.

Snip

These days I hover around the 13 stone mark, eat pretty much what I like, drink what I like

Good luck Sir.

PS. HID Mrs B is very encouraging too. :smooch:
As someone who has just moved under the 20 stone mark for the first time in probably 15 years I'll say this :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:.

I'm moving in the right direction it just takes time :bicycle::bicycle:

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
BKOOL WINTER CUP - FINAL CHALLENGE
This is the last challenge of the Bkool Winter Cup and we're giving you the chance to ride the 3rd stage of the league again that corresponds to the start of the Tour 2018.

As always, you can choose the time you take part. We have various starting times, find the best one for you and try to beat your previous results or take this time to complete the stage!

We're giving away 1-Year Premium Subscription to a random Bkooler who takes part from start to finish. Make sure you press save at the end, otherwise you won't be on the results!

And by fek there are plenty of Random BKoolers

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
I assume we are all getting these?

Hmmm......

bkoolsurvey.png

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Not so far, but to be fair, I'd probably go with a 5 or a 6 ... I would cover all the caveats though. If you are into serious racing and or want accurate numbers then it's got to be another trainer and platform, if you want it for general cycling fitness through the winter, it's a good enough option for the money

Not so far, but to be fair, I'd probably go with a 5 or a 6 ... I would cover all the caveats though. If you are into serious racing and or want accurate numbers then it's got to be another trainer and platform, if you want it for general cycling fitness through the winter, it's a good enough option for the money
I would give it a 10. Where else can you get videos from you, and Geoff and Paul? Plus the racing and the banter on here.

perswe

Über Member
I could go for a try on the final CG stage. Although I'm not expecting any thunder and lightning from my legs and lungs...First stage would be ok too I guess...

peterob

Veteran
I think Geoff said that last weeks was the last of the season. Any ideas what to do? I was thinking about a re-run of stage 1 C.G.
Also, final C.G. stage is there to be done.
Or is there a way of doing a Winter Cup stage? - it'll help AAAC complete his set

Top Bottom