Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Repost to here for a wider audience

Mmm. Ok. As long as I didn't seriously fubar. The readings between the vectors (on the edge) and kickr (on bkool) are about 5w different on the London to Brighton (LtoB) session I have just done on bkool. I only completed 45km of the 90 but I'd had enough today.

I'll do the last few plan sessions I have remaining and the 3 LEJoG stgs on the Pro then cut over to the kickr.

I have a question or two though. Some info first. In bsim the kickr shows twice. Once as a Wahoo Kickr and once as a Wahoo Fitness ANT+Trainer. I did the LtoB session having selected the Wahoo Kickr option and a warm down descent that I did was with the Fitness option selected. Is there a management difference between the two options? I ask because I was expecting some serious resistance, more than the pro can or will give, but it was not there. Any ideas or clarifying info?

CXRAndy

Guru
I doubt there will be any difference Boxers. The one and only slight complaint of the Kickr, is on descents, power is difficult to sustain due to the very large flywheel . You will need to push really hard in a big gear to feel resistance, especially Bkool. Try Zwift of BigRingVR and it will be different

Chasing whales and checking the chat

Attachments

• IMG_4558.JPG
    IMG_4558.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4549.JPG
    IMG_4549.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4559.JPG
    IMG_4559.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 34

peterob

Veteran
I'm off from Wed midday.
Got an Doutamine ECG at 13:00 so what would be better than to go straight home and have a go at the WC whilst mu heart warmed up.
It may give me a boost, who knows.
I've got 9 stages to do mind so that might be a push before the 1/4.
Well it looks like you're trying your best AAAC - I've just had two emails of shame where you've beaten me by over a minute on each of two stages :notworthy:

Do you think you can beat Pep? Or even pip Pep? - let me know if you need a helpful tow if it's getting close and you need a helping hand ;)

peterob

Veteran
Well it looks like you're trying your best AAAC - I've just had two emails of shame where you've beaten me by over a minute on each of two stages :notworthy:

Do you think you can beat Pep? Or even pip Pep? - let me know if you need a helpful tow if it's getting close and you need a helping hand ;)
Apologes AAAC I got that wrong.....

I now have 3 emails where you've smashed it each time! :eek:

You are riding like a man possessed. By the ghost of Jacques Anquetil presumably

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Apologes AAAC I got that wrong.....

I now have 3 emails where you've smashed it each time! :eek:

You are riding like a man possessed. By the ghost of Jacques Anquetil presumably

I did three sessions today spread over the day in order to maintain my performance as two of them were 9'ish km climbing stages and 1 flattish stage.
I have chosen my foe wisely so as not to alert too many poeple as to my intent.
I am going to do a spreadsheet later to tot up my performance vs the oposition.
I might have redo some of my earlier sessions where I didn't do so well but I'll get my info from the spreadsheet.

theboxers

I doubt there will be any difference Boxers. The one and only slight complaint of the Kickr, is on descents, power is difficult to sustain due to the very large flywheel . You will need to push really hard in a big gear to feel resistance, especially Bkool.
Thanks. I get the DH problem in Bsim, 0 watts/0 effective resistance spinning a 53/11 @100+ cadence, then the software wakes up and the resistance cuts in :cycle: :laugh:.
Try Zwift or BigRingVR and it will be different
Thats what I'm scared of. 15 odd % up some of those climbs :eek:. :bicycle:.

perswe

Über Member
i'm back! Out with a cold and now trying to catch up. Well, not really back it seems.:cursing: Tried the CG3 and I had serious troubles maintaining speed in the flats. Most of the stage being flat, I think you see where I'm going with this. Probably due to post-cold issues, but legs just wasn't there. Had no chance to keep @Add's wheel or @bert1971's dito. Not even close. :surrender: 1% inclines seemed like 5% and don't get me started on the flats. Or please do get me started, since I felt I never really was able to rev up the ticker, lungs nor legs. Awful. And the cold wasn't actually that bad. Felt like the brakes were on.

Plan to be on the chase Tuesday. Hopefully I'm in better form then. Probably not.:sad:

Oh, by the way. On the Bkool update. The preliminary rankings bit now is worse than ever. At least today it was. But I guess you'll only notice if you're not heading the pack. Which I'm not.

CXRAndy

Guru
Thats what I'm scared of. 15 odd % up some of those climbs :eek:. :bicycle:

Just leave slope adjust on 50% , I do :okay:

theboxers

CXRAndy

Guru
Boxers, I'm intrigued to what your target/s are, weight loss, endurance building or a particular event.

I recollect that you had major weight loss and a sportive planned.

Lots of base miles is great, but if you're doing a sportive you need to push your limits with some shorter threshold and or VO2 workouts, these will lift your performance incredibly.

Diet, can be hardest to achieve, I know it's taken me a few years to shed alot of weight. albeit majority came off in the first year by changing habits for better non junk food mostly.

Whatever your current aspirations/targets good luck:okay:

theboxers

Boxers, I'm intrigued to what your target/s are, weight loss, endurance building or a particular event.

I recollect that you had major weight loss and a sportive planned.

Snip.

Whatever your current aspirations/targets good luck:okay:
The original target was to not gain too much weight once I gave up smoking. It sort of worked, I only put on about 5 kilo. But getting that off to me a long time.

My current target is 4-5 days a week of strenuous exercise. My bad ankles mean walking/running is not an option. I could go swimming but the sight of a beached whale is likely to get be banned at the local baths :mrpig:. So bike riding it is.

Weight loss is important and that target it to be less than 3 figures. I am getting there slowly, but as you say changing eating habits is hard.

I am thinking of doing a stint on a proper training program, trainer road. The reason is because the bkool plans are very basic and don't push as hard as maybe they could. Trawling through their workouts is just too confusing.

I will venture into the real world for the right events but the weight needs to be 20 odd kilo lower first. :mrpig::headshake::bicycle::thumbsup:

CXRAndy

Guru
TR is excellent platform. I've copied a few others and sometimes combine TR with Zwift. TR controls the Kickr whilst Zwift just sees the power you're making. It can help distract a little

Top Bottom