Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Very true Steen. Doesn't look like we'll ever get back to pre-splitter (:crazy:) numbers. I just do the two days a week these days. I'll see how this Thursday and Saturday go and then perhaps (if I can get off the sofa) I'll have a go at the winter cup. Always enjoyed that before but struggle on the hills :secret:.

My weekly routine is Zwift racing Tuesday+Wednesday evening, Bkool races Thursdays and maybe the Bkool downhill on Friday. Then a Zwift race Saturday morning, BKOOL ChaingGang in the evening and another Bkool longer/harder race Sunday morning. Then I usually finishes the week Sunday evening with a group ride on Zwift or the Bkool USA Sunday Reconnaisence race. Monday I usually don't ride, or do a Zwift group ride.

A bit too much maybe, and of course this influences my motivation (or lack there of) for a Chaingang race with only 2-4 CycleChatters.

BILL S

Guru
Anyway, see you all tonight (I hope).

Yup, see you all tonight @7. (All two of you :tongue:)

keithaitch

Veteran
Yup, see you all tonight @7. (All two of you :tongue:)
4....I'll be there and I'm happy with our little gang of four at the same level! I can't tell you how annoyed I was that @Brusgaard ´s ghost pipped me in the last 150 metres of stage one. @perswe in the wc makes me try harder!The four of us are very well matched and the rivalry is much enhanced by the mutual respect. I hope we can continue through this winer and on into the spring. I'm afraid that my paricipation suffers from the wonderful weather here which allows me to easily get out in the real world. But I've noticed that my strength increases a lot more when I'm doing indoor training and yesterday got pb's on two important local climbs. It motivates me to get on the trainer to get fit enough to unsuccesfully try to hang on to @BILL S when he opens up his sprint on a Thursday night. I'll try and be there on Saturday as well this week, will be around next week but as previously mentioned I'll be awol for two weeks over christmas.

keithaitch

Veteran
Great time in the winter league stage 2 @keithaitch! :notworthy:
I think I'd have to dig really really deep to come anywhere near that time. And I only had a few seconds to spare from stage 1 on you. Perhaps I can ask @AAAC 76C to grab my handle bar and pull me along? Clearly I must come up with some sort of innovation.. I could of course try out those new black socks, that ought to do it....or maybe I just have to train harder.:o)

Anyway, see you all tonight (I hope). Having done a lunch ride already today I am not expecting any miracles though. Where can I order a little sprinkle of fairy dust? Doesn't have to be much, just enough to give everyone (including me) the illusion of a solid training effect. ^_^
Keep it in the little ring at the start of wc stage 2, it's a very quick descent then ramps up very, very steeply very, quickly. I got caught out and almost came to a complete stop trying to shift down from the big ring. I have every confidence that you'll hang on to my ghost and then pip me at the post, though I was hammering down the slope at the end!

perswe

Über Member
Keep it in the little ring at the start of wc stage 2, it's a very quick descent then ramps up very, very steeply very, quickly. I got caught out and almost came to a complete stop trying to shift down from the big ring. I have every confidence that you'll hang on to my ghost and then pip me at the post, though I was hammering down the slope at the end!
It’s the hammering down which causes me problems. I’m om a cx bike so all I got in front is a 46, which leaves me pedalling like a maniac on even small downhills. Then there are simply no more gears and I’m almost falling off the bike.

Rod McG

Über Member
Well, that was a weird first 3kms. Never had a chance. Amazing rides @Rod McG @BILL S @keithaitch :notworthy:. Was cheering for you @Rod McG to hold @AAAC 76C off! Thought he had you there but you managed to stay clear. Well done!

Fortunately I was racing his ghost! Hard work but good fun.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Well, that was a weird first 3kms. Never had a chance. Amazing rides @Rod McG @BILL S @keithaitch :notworthy:. Was cheering for you @Rod McG to hold @AAAC 76C off! Thought he had you there but you managed to stay clear. Well done!

Don’t I was going that slow but still I was, what, 3? minutes behind? Don’t think I could make that much back if I do it again.:blink:

I am beginning to think I am more useful not being there ):

BILL S

Guru
Couldn't hold you at the end @BILL S, two hard rides in one day is too much. We need more work on our drafting, I'm crap at it
Drafting can be difficult until you get the hang of it, but also getting used to the one you're drafting. You tend to let me drop you when I pass, when I'm actually trying to pass slowly so you can be immediately in my draft. When you pass me I tend to overcompensate and end up passing you again too quickly. So we do need to work on it.

Top Bottom