Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
You planning to continue using the Pro on the BSIM platform? Have you used the new trainer yet on BRVR? I'm not sure if I'm chasing you on the Pro, or on the NEO? :heat::B)
I did Climb 8 - Rojas Sauzal on the Neo, all my other rides to date (the first three) were done on the Pro, but yes, you are kicking my arse on the Neo and I'm, was, on the Pro :cry:

No, I will use the Neo on Bkool, as I tend to use it to ride my own routes it really doesn't make that much difference if I'm on the Neo or Pro ... I hope

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I did Climb 8 - Rojas Sauzal on the Neo, all my other rides to date (the first three) were done on the Pro, but yes, you are kicking my arse on the Neo and I'm, was, on the Pro :cry:

No, I will use the Neo on Bkool, as I tend to use it to ride my own routes it really doesn't make that much difference if I'm on the Neo or Pro ... I hope
I'm learning to cope with pain better and keep turning the crank even if legs are screaming at me!

Brusgaard

Über Guru

You won't find much difference with the new version regarding riding a NEO (2) or a Pro. The Pro is still "faster" on the flats and going uphill, but the NEO seems to get a short speed burst when going from uphill to downhill. You can see it clearly in my video from last night:

View: https://youtu.be/wLzO_QXLis8

The (BLP) designation means that the rider is riding a trainer with built-in power meter. This could be a Flux (S/2), Direto, Drivo, KICKR (Core) or NEO (2). So in my videos, if you see the (BLP) I'm on the Direto (older videos) or NEO2 on the newer videos, otherwise I'm using the Bkool Pro.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
@perswe I'm at position 38 in the WC, and still one stage to do, and being heroic in my support of @AAAC 76C. But I need your support and the water bottles you've taken an age to get. Any idea when I'll be able to relax a bit and draft you? Three of us on the top 40 would be impressive

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You won't find much difference with the new version regarding riding a NEO (2) or a Pro. The Pro is still "faster" on the flats and going uphill, but the NEO seems to get a short speed burst when going from uphill to downhill. You can see it clearly in my video from last night:

View: https://youtu.be/wLzO_QXLis8

The (BLP) designation means that the rider is riding a trainer with built-in power meter. This could be a Flux (S/2), Direto, Drivo, KICKR (Core) or NEO (2). So in my videos, if you see the (BLP) I'm on the Direto (older videos) or NEO2 on the newer videos, otherwise I'm using the Bkool Pro.

Do you have a NEO2 now too? You nearly have as many trainers as @berty bassett has bikes :rofl:

perswe

Über Member
@perswe I'm at position 38 in the WC, and still one stage to do, and being heroic in my support of @AAAC 76C. But I need your support and the water bottles you've taken an age to get. Any idea when I'll be able to relax a bit and draft you? Three of us on the top 40 would be impressive
Nah, I have to focus on the most important league first. Did stage 4 just now. I never really came close to first @BILL S . Thankfully @BILL S the second had just the right pace for me. Thanks @BILL S II. Now off again for racing on skis up north (not that far north @keithaitch ). Back Sunday for stage 5. Then I can return to the BWC. Will do 2 or 3 stages next week I hope. Impressive stage 12 @keithaitch!

keithaitch

Veteran
New leader in the clubhouse ,congrats @perswe! Podium place up for grabs tomorrow night @BILL S I'm looking for 12.7kms of drafting and then a quick sprint to nick it and totally piss you off. I'll be attentive for the move 2kms out when you put the hammer down to try and get those 22 seconds back!

perswe

Über Member
Nah, I have to focus on the most important league first. Did stage 4 just now. I never really came close to first @BILL S . Thankfully @BILL S the second had just the right pace for me. Thanks @BILL S II. Now off again for racing on skis up north (not that far north @keithaitch ). Back Sunday for stage 5. Then I can return to the BWC. Will do 2 or 3 stages next week I hope. Impressive stage 12 @keithaitch!
Wait a minute....the league closes Saturday....so ether I do it before a go up north today or a I mange to come back in time on Saturday...

perswe

Über Member
The pressures of being the league leader and the bad karma for taking my Kom!
Soooo....I did stage5. Fortunately @AAAC 76C had done it already so I had much needed help. Couldn’t hold on to him though. It felt kind of slow, and much more of an effort to keep the pace than usual. Is it the update? Don’t know. It felt that one should be able to do that route a bot faster, but below 16 minutes? Is that possible? So, it remains to be seen what this effort is worth. Enough to hold you guys off? Maybe...but I think it might be quite tight in the gc in the end. (Well, unless @AAAC 76C decides to gear up, keeps his hands off the brakes, and keeps that chain on.)

So...do you accept the challenge @keithaitch and @BILL S ? :boxing:

Btw...mind those dead stops!

Top Bottom